Sign in to follow this  
ozflyer

Texture_Max_Load with PMDG 777

I fly mostly the PMDG 777-300ER and the default planes.

I also have REX Soft Clouds.

Should I set my texture_Max_load= 1024 ?. Does the 777 have any 2048 or 4096 textures ?.

Don't quote me on this, but I think that the 777 uses 1024, 2048 & 4096 texture sizes. I've been using 2048 with no degradation in performance with P3D v3.2. Using 2048 will (in my case) lower my VAS usage.

Safe & smooth flying,

Clarke Ramsey

I use 4096 without any significant impact on VAS or framerate.  If there is an impact, it is usually due to how a developer designed their scenery and has nothing to do with PMDG products.

Dan Downs KCRP

Should I set my texture_Max_load= 1024 ?. Does the 777 have any 2048 or 4096 textures ?.

Texture Max Load settings of 1024, 2048 or 4096 only apply to scenery, clouds, and water textures but has no impact on the textures used in the user aircraft.

So for example, say you set the TML to 1024 but the T7 or NGX has 4096 sized textures for the exterior or interior, the aircrafts 4096 textures will still be displayed at those resolutions while the other scenery outside the aircraft will be capped at 1024.

This was found and confirmed by Ryan (tabs) with PMDG.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Texture Max Load settings of 1024, 2048 or 4096 only apply to scenery, clouds, and water textures but has no impact on the textures used in the user aircraft.

So for example, say you set the TML to 1024 but the T7 or NGX has 4096 sized textures for the exterior or interior, the aircrafts 4096 textures will still be displayed at those resolutions while the other scenery outside the aircraft will be capped at 1024.

This was found and confirmed by Ryan (tabs) with PMDG.

Thanks ... it is clear now....

I did not know this!    Thanks Jim.

I did notice very little difference in VCs between 1024 and 2048  - now I know why :smile:

Bill

UK LAPL-A

I fly:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701, (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600 and PMDG737.