Sign in to follow this  
jimmy64

What is the most realistic virtual airline?

To clarify. Fly any aircraft on any route at anytime would be the complete opposite of what I'm looking for. I have that with Deltava, enjoy it, but... VA' s which state that they are "real but easy", which is somewhat oxymoronic, is not what I'm after.  Real world routes, flown at the correct time (not just the time entered in the program), proper fuel loading, an acars that can determine if you are flying the aircraft incorrectly, flying with ATC and a testing and check ride system for aircraft are some of the criteria. Not interested in virtual money or points or airlines with unrealistic classifications based on hours flown, ie. Senior Chief First Officer. The closest that I've come across so far is BAVirtual. There must be a few more. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello James,

Take a look at UNITED-VIRTUAL run by Orest Skrypuch.

percy.

• Upvote 1

Here are a few:

http://www.vacanada.org/v6/en/

http://www.virtualnorwegian.net/

http://www.viaintercity.com/index.php

Fusion gets my vote for being extremely realistic

http://www.fusionairways.com/

From what you are saying, I'm thinking Fusion will probably be what you are looking for.

I guess you could strike out on your own and do FSCaptain

http://www.fscaptain.net/

Hello James,

Take a look at UNITED-VIRTUAL run by Orest Skrypuch.

percy.

UNITED-VIRTUAL for sure, you can take a type rating if you want to fly your preferred aircraft from day 1

Thanks for the replies. Wondering also which has the strictest requirements for flight approval based on the flight as well as the landing. I once had a flight approved, not saying which airline, where I landed on the opposite end of the runway and stopped after going through the fence! Lol New payware aircraft!

James,

I have not messed with too many virtual airlines, but of the few that I have looked at MidContinent Airlines is about the closest I have dealt with regarding Part 121 Ops

http://www.midconair.net/

Cheers

My word! I thought they closed up years ago. I used to fly for them when they were AmericaWest.

No one mentioned UPS or FedEx. I was under the impression that one of those variants was quite good.

I am member of 2 VA's I find these days that I prefer to look for a flight in flightstats.com and then recreate the route. I think most people go into a VA just to see their FPM landing rates in the designated VA ACARS. 

However people soon learn that in aviation having kiss landings is not necessarily the most recommended thing because you use too much runway. So in reality its more about the journey not the destination;

I am member of 2 VA's I find these days that I prefer to look for a flight in flightstats.com

Hi. I went to flightstats.com to check it out.  It looks like one needs to be in the airline industry to sign up for even the free Evaluation Plan.  How would a person not in the industry get access to the flight tracks etc. from flightstats.com? 

After investigating further I also found this site, flightaware.com, that seems to do somewhat the same thing as flightstats.com without having to sign up.

Thanks,

Jeff

Since when do pilots get to choose their own individual route?

Pilots bid on a flight line that is composed of several flights.

I'm not sure there is a Virtual Airline out there that combines the rigor James wants with the ability to record the data and enforce it.

Cheers!

Luke

I was under the assumption that Fusion and Norwegian let pilot bid on a line. 

Maybe this is not the case, I for sure thought it was.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

Here's your chance to make a better mousetrap.

Norwegian let pilot bid on a line

They do, more or less.  You search for route assignments based on number of legs, trip duration, aircraft type, and some other parameters and then pick or assign the 'line' to yourself when you find the legs/line you'd like to fly.  So, that would be more or less what you're looking for there.  Not sure you'd really call that 'bidding' per say, but close enough.  It's the number one feature I like about them along with the fact that they simulate the real airline as close as possible(i.e. no aircraft types that the airline either doesn't currently use or has used in the past).  I'm surprised by most VA's in the fact that they don't have a way to 'bid' for a line or something similar since I think this is mostly what real world pilots do(?)

Excellent VA.  Highly recommend them!

Again thanks all. I've made a decision and it's not what I would have thought initially. I fly for Deltava, will continue to do so as I enjoy what they offer. A major airline, real world routes with the ability to fly realistically, or in a more casual manner if I choose. 

Two airlines, United-virtual and Royal Dutch are on my radar. I'm certain that at some point I'll try them both. The airlines, that I've chosen to join right now are Midcon and Vaintercity. One for the NG and the other for the Q400. My increasingly busy life and my soon to be new wife are reasons that the shorter routes of Vaintercity appeal to me, and the training offered at Midcon will help me fly by the book and learn the NG.

All the Best!

Jimmy

• Upvote 2

I was under the assumption that Fusion and Norwegian let pilot bid on a line.

Fusion announced it back in about December. Hasn't been implemented and no other updates have been broadcast.

James,

I have not messed with too many virtual airlines, but of the few that I have looked at MidContinent Airlines is about the closest I have dealt with regarding Part 121 Ops

http://www.midconair.net/

Cheers

Are these folks active? I used to fly for them in the '00s (and loved it), but appears the site is pretty empty/quiet.

Are these folks active? I used to fly for them in the '00s (and loved it), but appears the site is pretty empty/quiet.

I have registered and will soon be deep in the manuals!

If you become interested in part 135 BBJ operations, in addition to 121, check us out: www.virtualvams.org. We have a dispatch center as well. We also just started scheduled service out of Norcal.

I have found the solution to the problem of realism/randomness, when choosing my Royal Dutch Virtual flights. I tell the wife which airport I am currently at, then she picks out a country (from the list that RDV fly to). She "always" manages to pick somewhere I don't want to go......See, realism and random = Real Life.. :wink:

• Upvote 1

Well, I emailed them on their contact form with some questions a few days ago. We'll see if I hear back.

As far as cargo VA's are concerned, nothing tops www.globecargova.org. They mirror the operations of Atlas Air Worldwide (Polar, Atlas Air, Southern Air)

They also have a bidding system. It alerts you to when the bidding system is open and you are only allowed to bid in order of your company seniority. The bidding windows is open for a specific time limit and if you fail to bid, one will be done automatically for you.

Another interesting detail is that you start as a First Officer after doing an entrance exam I believe and in order to upgrade to Captain you also have to do an exam.

The VA only uses high end products from PMDG and Level D and is made up of enthusiast and persons who work in the airline industry. On a final note, in your flight reports, if you report an issue with an aircraft or you make a hard landing, the registration number of the aircraft (they have paints for each aircraft registration...) will be placed out of service and won't be available until fixed.

It's the most realistic airline operation I have come across next to United Virtual and perhaps BA Virtual but my one problem with BA Virtual is the position reports while flying that almost demands you be at the controls for the entire flight which isn't very considerate or practical for someone flying at home on a computer.

Are you aware of more virtual airlines which allow time acceleration? I fly vRYR and vEZY and enjoy them very much, but due to my workload I do not have time to fly very long flights in real time. I also want to use more aircrafts such as MJC8 Q400, or 777.