Sign in to follow this  
Flic1

Current Reshade user.....switch to PTA?

I have been using Reshade for a while and am quite happy with how it has changed the sim.  I have settings for both day and night which works pretty well.  I am also using the RealismShaderPack but am curious about the PTA tool.  In using PTA, would I disable Reshade or can it be used in conjunction with it?  Seems like it might be overkill using both?  Thanks!

Eric

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Some effects from Reshade (SweetFX)  included in PTA: Sepia, Curves, Levels, LiftGammaGain, Technicolor, Vibrance, LumaSharpen, DPX Cineon.

If you use only these effects, you can completely switch to PTA.

But keep in mind, that PTA does not allow make adjustments "on-the-fly", like Reshade does.

Or you can use them together. For instance, PTA will draw terrain haze and make some clouds adjustments, Reshade do the other postprocessing.

You'll lose a lot of potential tools, plus the on-the-fly adjustments as mentioned.

Every time you have to make an adjustment, you have to close down the game, tweak, have your shader cache nuked, start up and see how it worked out. Seems like a major hassle. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Some effects from Reshade (SweetFX)  included in PTA: Sepia, Curves, Levels, LiftGammaGain, Technicolor, Vibrance, LumaSharpen, DPX Cineon.

If you use only these effects, you can completely switch to PTA.

But keep in mind, that PTA does not allow make adjustments "on-the-fly", like Reshade does.

Or you can use them together. For instance, PTA will draw terrain haze and make some clouds adjustments, Reshade do the other postprocessing.

Got it.  I did run PTA and after some initial issues with my .fx files, I got it sorted out by replacing the shader files that RSP had modified.  I also created a new clean Reshade file to run with PTA but have only used the 'Levels' mod to darken the VC a bit more. I am not planning to use the Sweetfx files within PTA at the moment.  So far, I am impressed with this.....mostly the night lighting which now has a very nice bright orange glow.  I am still using my night profile that I created in Reshade which adds some additional brightness/contrast.  I still have some messing around to do but overall very impressed with this tool!  Thanks!

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.