Sign in to follow this  
PAINMAN

Just a quick question.

Are you guys gonna support the upcoming REX Sky force 3d with an update to the weather radar?

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

You assume PMDG has designed an interface just for HiFi..., not true. If the REX product is capable of creating a text file with the weather data in a format readable by PMDG then the PMDG aircraft could care less who creates the file...you can even do it manually if you were so inclined.

This is a question for the REX support forum.

Oh, I do not speak for PMDG... but just sharing the information they have provided in the past.

Dan Downs KCRP

Ok thx for the reply.

My thoughts where that its a whole new weather application so it might need a little tweak.

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

You assume PMDG has designed an interface just for HiFi..., not true. If the REX product is capable of creating a text file with the weather data in a format readable by PMDG then the PMDG aircraft could care less who creates the file...you can even do it manually if you were so inclined.

As far as I remember there is more to the WX Radar than a simple text file. If I'm correct they worked with the Hifi Sim guys to make the modules that allowed them to access the data which is very different that just reading the weather text files generated by ASN. If it was basic text files then any addons could have done the work to provide their data a long time ago. I believe they were exchanges to set things up with another weather addon at some point but I don't really remember who it was and it's probably burried somewhere in the forum.

The WX file and weather radar functions are entirely different functions. Note that various add-ons and sites are able to create a WX file, while only ASN at this point can interact with the weather radar function.

Kyle Rodgers

Well, according to the REX website, Sky Force 3D is compatible with all weather engines including ASN. I'm thinking that means the radar should still work if you also run ASN.

If the REX product is just clouds and is not a weather machine, such as ASN is, and the REX product is used side by side with ASN, then yes, the rain generated by ASN will appear in the PMDG products.  This has nothing to do with REX and we have come a full circle.

Dan Downs KCRP

There are multiple misunderstandings going on here:

• REX has a weather product that now has a weather radar
  • Our weather radar will only work when ASN is running
  • The WX file only contains data about wind

Kyle Rodgers

Yeah i might have missed something in the REX description.

It might be only visual and i need to use ASN for the weather.

Kind regards

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

The WX file only contains data about wind

I know that, please excuse the odor from that brain fart.

Dan Downs KCRP