Sign in to follow this  
romankoch

Registration/Fresh Install?

Hi there,

I had a registered version of VoxATC but had to reinstall everything and now I'm left with the demo version of VoxATC.  I've sent something via the webform on the site (a couple weeks ago) and haven't heard anything back and the registration page appears to be broken.

I'm hoping the developers follow this forum and can send me something on how to get re-registered.

Thanks.

Unfortunately they dont and Its been abandoned. You would have been sent an email when you bought so can you search your mail for Vox atc registration? thats how I found mine after a SSD fail but Im with gmail

ZORAN

I recently had to reinstall my sim, including VoxATC. When I ran the most up to date version, I used the same registration number I was originally given. I have a habit of always saving all my registration emails I receive.

Unfortunately they dont and Its been abandoned. You would have been sent an email when you bought so can you search your mail for Vox atc registration? thats how I found mine after a SSD fail but Im with gmail

I do not think it has been abandoned. 

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I do not think it has been abandoned.

OK Mr Firth, enough with the sly little comments :). Give it up - what do you know. You've bought the rights to it haven't you?

howevr

Haha no I wish,

I dont have any particular insight that I can share with you, other than my opinion based on snippets of evidence gleaned here and there. The product is still on sale, someone here on AVSIM has already stated with apparent certainty (soure unknown) that the dev is still working on it, inc a P3D compatible version IIRC, and I've had some communication with the dev myself 6 months or so ago at which point there was no indication it was coming to an end.

I surmise there is just a little thing called life that has gotten in the way of the dev committing time to a niche product like vox, nothing more, nothing less. It follows logically that it will come back to life at some point soon :)

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

If its true its great news, its a great product however he hasn't answered mine and others emails . Unless he is tied up in someones basement then its very poor form . Doesn't take 5 minutes to tap out an email to say he is unavailable for the next 6 months

ZORAN

So, just wishful thinking on my part. I would only consider Vox now if it had a big "Under new Management" sign pasted over it. Hard to get back goodwill after all this time. I think he screwed the pooch on this one.

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

howevr

@beerwolfe - Already checked eMails (can't remember which one I used to register) and nothing comes up with a search for "Vox" and variations of "Registration".

@kevinfirth - Where did you see that it was still on sale?  When I click on the "Register" button, I get a Server Application error page.  We can still download it, but the file seems to be served up by the same server as the web page which may be on "autopilot".

I totally get the thing about life getting in the way, it happens.  I've already started researching a replacement, though.  Maybe I'll find something better, or maybe I'll hear back before I find anything at all.  I'd just like to be 'flying' and using what I've already purchased.

Either way, I hope no one is tied up in someone's basement (against their will, at least).

I'll keep the group posted if I hear anything.

Thanks.

I have tried to buy VOXATC on their website. Whole payment proces via paypal went ok but after 15-20 minutes I have got money back from unknow reason. Then I wrote "contact message" via their conctact page but no answer. Do you know what the hell is going on?

xaP1VAU.png

Part of me thinks that maybe it should no longer be for sale if the product isn't being supported. It seem that any technical support is now coming by way of this forum instead of the developer.

NAX669.png

Part of me thinks that maybe it should no longer be for sale if the product isn't being supported. It seem that any technical support is now coming by way of this forum instead of the developer.

The same me. I considered o buy it on http://www.fspilotsh...acturers_id=180 but before demo version hes expired I have found probably bug with ATC squawk code on VFR. Evrything was ok until when I left detarature controlled airport airspace, then I wanted to contact to center and ask for traffic advisory. VOXATC understood what I requested and controller gave me transponder code. I confirmed the instruction and set this code to transponder. However controller was repeating this code for ident all the time and I tried to do it on many different ways but VOXATC was doing loop all the time.

Taking this under consideration and fact that devs buy system send money back during registration proces I started to think that product has been abandoned... Who will repair VFR loop transponder bug...nobody so will not buy this. I would buy it when it would work like it should but when its not finished and devs are somewhere in miami beach I am not going to buy it. :(

mrfoxik,

You did hit the Ident key after switching transponder codes, right?  I fly your scenario regularly and as long as I do the Ident, I get "radar contact..." back from the controller.

Kent

• Upvote 1

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro