Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Autofeather lights

Autofeather lights never comes on even if the feather switch is on.

Real Deraps

What autofeather lights? The 350i doesn't have autofeather lights.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Oups!. I thought it was the same as the B200. Thanks.

Real Deraps

Technically called annunciators and yes the King Air 350 does still have this indication, it moved to the MFD. Prior to Pro Line 21 and Pro Line Fusion both the King Air 300 and 350 have physical green annunicators installed. It is one of the items we teach pilots to check when setting power as  autofeather is required to be operating IAW certification. 

AFM page 7-44

AUTOFEATHER SYSTEM

The automatic feathering system provides a means of immediately dumping oil from the propeller servo to enable the feathering spring and counterweights to start the feathering action of the blades in the event of an engine failure.

Green AFX annunciators are displayed in the ITT/TORQUE indicator for each engine on the MFD. Illumination of this annunciation indicates the respective system is armed and that the power lever is advanced above 90% N1.

A caution annunciator, placarded AUTOFTHER OFF, in the caution/advisory/ status annunciator panel, will illuminate whenever the autofeather system is not armed and the landing gear is extended.

Right... OP asked about the actual lights not coming on, I simply pointed out... there are no lights that indicate autofeather is armed. "Technically" I am correct. A piece of text on a flat panel display isn't a light and the OP was most definitely thinking of the large green autofeather lights that are on the glare shield of the older steam version of the 350 as well as the B200, etc.

If every point is going to head for an argument of "technically"... then there's no point in participating in the forums. That's like being grammar/spelling policed to death.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Some older King Air guys still call them lights, even though in the Beechcraft manual were they were called annunicators. Pilot's ask where are the autofeather lights and I tell them moved to the MFD.

You response made it sound like the indication was removed completely (which is incorrect) as opposed to telling the guy where the indication was moved to.

• Upvote 1

While I will agree that you read it that way... the sentence doesn't say that at all.

You should take statements at face value rather than read into them whatever meaning you seek.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69