Sign in to follow this  
Constantine

When making changes using Dropdown Menu FSX goes all shapes & colours

Hi Guys i'm having a nightmare using FSX Accelerator Gold Edition with PMDG737NGX

Whenever I attempt to make any changes using the dropdown menu to alter e.g. weather/Gate/ or anything really after I have tried this the screen return totally distorted e.g multicoloured or a desert scene or black with distoted cloiuds or total lack of scenery or floating parts of scenery or just aircraft frame, sometimes large sections of the plane have disappeared or there is just cockpit buttons or a shadow and no plane hence the FS experience is destroyed

I have recently had a total Initialization performed and I belive my Drivers and Graphic Card are okay now, I am not a computer whiz so i really don't know which areas may be at fault here and would be most grateful for your initial impressions and advice    Many Thanks!

my specs are

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit  760.1

system manufacture ASUS

Processor Intel ® Core TM

BIOS Date 04/07 13 version 03.10

15-4670 CPU and 3.40GHz (4CPUs)  3.46Hz

Memory 16384 Mb Ram

Direct X version Direct X 11

Display NVDIA Ge Force GTX 760

Chip TYpe GeForce GTX 760

DAC integrated RAMDAC

Approx Total Memory 4042 Mb

Current display Mode 1920x1080 (32 bit) 60Hz

Driver version 368.22  release date 23.5.2016  File Size 349.13Mb

WHQL Log'd  Yes

Direct X features  Direct Draw Accelerator Enabled /  Direct 3D Accelerator Enabled AGP Texture Acelerator Enabled.

Richard Coombs

Hmmmm, sounds familiar.  When you are using the drop-down menus are you in full screen mode?  I

have seen something similar on my setup and when it happens I go immediately to "windowed mode" and

press P to pause.  This is a good time for a coffee or bathroom break.  Usually when going to windowed mode

everything looks correct and by pausing for a minute or 2,  it lets the graphics catch up.  I then un-pause the

Sim and go back to full screen.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thank you yes I always use full screen, sometimes I don't even get the drop down menu just a white line at the top of the screen which should be full of options I think there is a major problem with my computer but trying to highlight where to look is the problem but whatever I try as soon as I need the dropdown menu the whole game is ruined but i'll try your kind suggestion, thank you your kind help