Sign in to follow this  
Echofox

ORBX Library Update

I envy all of you have had "zero issues". But, for some of us it's been a real nightmare. The problems I encountered were so bad that I finally trashed the entire P3D install and started over using only the 3-16-2016 libraries and FTXCentral 2.1.5988.3534. I've turned off the FTXCentral updates and it'll be a long time, if ever, before I update again.

Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

SInce I upgraded to the latest Orbx Libraries I have had texture errors at just about every airport I visited so far - missing files and blurries . This is in PNW, Australia and NZ. EVERY airport has at least one Texture file missing, and some locations,  more than one file is missing so every time you switch a view from outside aircraft -- or cycle internal views, you get these missing files and have to press OK to continue..

I went on the usual trouble shooting mode trying to find what is missing and why.. so far no luck resolving one single error.

very very frustrating

I use DX10 Fixer and run in DX10 mode in Windows 10.  I am not about to start yet another fresh install as there is so much payware scenery and aircraft and utilities to reinstall it would take days... sigh

Perhaps the blurrie issues with the latest libs are confined to P3D.

I'm in FSX, and also zero issues with the latest libraries,

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

SInce I upgraded to the latest Orbx Libraries I have had texture errors at just about every airport I visited so far - missing files and blurries . This is in PNW, Australia and NZ. EVERY airport has at least one Texture file missing, and some locations,  more than one file is missing so every time you switch a view from outside aircraft -- or cycle internal views, you get these missing files and have to press OK to continue..

I went on the usual trouble shooting mode trying to find what is missing and why.. so far no luck resolving one single error.

very very frustrating

I use DX10 Fixer and run in DX10 mode in Windows 10.  I am not about to start yet another fresh install as there is so much payware scenery and aircraft and utilities to reinstall it would take days... sigh

You could just install ORBX again. No need to wipe the drive

ZORAN

Perhaps the blurrie issues with the latest libs are confined to P3D.

I'm in FSX, and also zero issues with the latest libraries,

Thinking  that  way as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

For me it is not just P3D - Nope I am in FSX and have the blurry issue. I have noticed the sharpness has gone as I fly over the PNW and ORBX airports - Of course it could be upgrading to Windows 10 , upgrading the Nvidia video driver to work with WIn 10, but I doubt it,

Thanks for the suggestion to reinstall ORBX ..well meaning but a big job plus for each scenery there is: serial numbers date of purchase order number before you can install.each one.

IT is a big job just putting ORBX back into FSX with the number of sceneries I have ...it would still take hours if not a day or two - then would I dare to update to the latest Orbx Library again? probably not...

No need to enter all the WRAPPER info again if the software has already been installed on the machine.  Your Registry holds all the data.

Arnie....if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

Not windows 10 and I have the latest video driver the only way I have seen in the past is getting a new version of libraries - I dont have to reinstall serial info - reg remembers it 

Rich Sennett

No, You can go into Settings in FTX Central and turn off updates. 

After that, if you don't install the 160528 or later Orbxlib you should be good to go.

Hi I am slightly confused now, just to be absolutely clear can you install the 160528 libs without then having to go through the migration process?  Thanks.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Hi I am slightly confused now, just to be absolutely clear can you install the 160528 libs without then having to go through the migration process?  Thanks.

Bruceb

Yes download from FTX main site

Rich Sennett

Bruceb

I might be wrong, but I think that 160528 is going to force the migration. 

Ernest Pergrem

Zero Issues on my end as well, and my sim seems sharper and smoother.

Hope all who have issues get them sorted.

Zero Issues on my end as well, and my sim seems sharper and smoother.

Guess we  the lucky  ones,   thought  I was  seeing things,   but  since  you have  mentioned  it   all my sceneries are better  now  since the migration 

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I might be wrong, but I think that 160528 is going to force the migration. 

Richard is correct.  You can decline the migration.  Safer to download the new libs from the website, rather than through FTX Central.

• Upvote 1

Stew

"Different dog, different fleas"

Richard is correct.  You can decline the migration.  Safer to download the new libs from the website, rather than through FTX Central.

Thanks for the clarification..

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem