Sign in to follow this  
FSXCYYZEGLL

What's Your longest Flight in FSX

So a question for everyone is what was your longest flight that you ever achieved from start to finish, and no time acceleration or unlimited fuel. Where did you go? Which aircraft did you use and did you enjoy it. Now note you didn't need to be in the cockpit all the time for the flight to count. My longest flight for example to my knowledge was from Singapore to Vancouver non-stop with the PDMG 747-400 Air Canada it was extremely long and tiring(about 14-15 hours since winds were strong), but enjoyable once I got there. So what was the longest flight you managed? Also please mention the route,the aircraft, and airline(optional).

Also if you want you can mention what your longest flight that you plan to fly is, unfortunately I'm not sure for myself.

Signed Jon.

KORD-EDDM United Airlines B767-300ER (LevelD) in FSX. 8.5 hours

Kadina, Okinawa to March Air Force Base in Riverside, Calif. flying the B-36 Peacemaker.  I actually did this in

several hops, Kadina to Guam, Guam to Hawaii, and then Hawaii to March Field.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

British Airways Concorde from London Heathrow to Grantley Adams, Barbados. 3673nm flown in 4 hours. :Big Grin:

CPT L9 MALBY DCT MERLY DCT LESLU DCT BEDRA DCT 47N020W 45N025W 42N030W 34N040W 30N045W 25N050W 20N055W DCT BGI

No need for time acceleration when you're flying at Mach 2 or 20nm per minute. Just about reached FL600 before the descent.

Wonderful aircraft that is a delight to fly. I even managed the fuel transfers. No weather above FL400 to speak of.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

So... are we talking longest flight in one sitting WITHOUT saving it?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

So... are we talking longest flight in one sitting WITHOUT saving it?

Probably. Otherwise it's cheating as it doesn't replicate real-world ops. :wink:

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

London Gatwick to Melbourne, PMDG 777 Emirates, 18 hours 37 minutes, 9118nm.

FlightLog_12-35-31.JPG?dl=0

The reason for the flight was to go from my home airport, Gatwick, to Melbourne for the start of the Reverse London-Melbourne race a couple of years ago.  I arrived in Melbourne with a fair bit of fuel left, so one day I'm going to try Gatwick to Auckland, which is about as far as I can go from London.

• Upvote 2

Something like this... Budapest to Pago-Pago (don't ask me why :P)

WVhILMq.png

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I don't have the patience yet for a 12k+ km flight, but should be able to crank up the XB-70 for a single sitting :)

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

The reason for the flight was to go from my home airport, Gatwick, to Melbourne for the start of the Reverse London-Melbourne race a couple of years ago.

That race (but the non-reverse, 30's era version) immediately came to mind when I saw this topic. I flew the early 30's Caudron C450 from London to Melbourne. I knew I was never going to win (I did try to run the C460 originally, which would have had a very good chance but was disallowed), but I did finish and it was absolutely a blast to take part in.

I don't recall my longest hop in that race, but I do believe that the majority of them were at least a few hours, limited by how much fuel was on board the Caudron. Takeoffs were always exciting in the Caudron, since you can't see anything in front of you and it had a lot of torque on the takeoff roll. Landings were always scary as hell, made worse by the use of real world weather. Definitely my longest series of non-autopilot, non-gps, non-navaid, hand flown flights.

Not a single 12+ hour flight, to be sure, but by far my largest single undertaking in any sim to date.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Ha, timely thread OP!

I had the day off yesterday, so I planned out and completed a 12 hour BOAC B377 "Monarch" service from New York to London non-stop. 11 hours and 49 minutes. No GPS or map "cheats". Used radio navaids over land, but the 5-6 hours over water was completely dead reckoning.

Landed 10 minutes ahead of schedule and burned only about 15 minutes extra fuel than I had planned.

• Upvote 2

WMKK - YSSY in the CaptainSim L-1011.  I did it 'old school' by manually entering waypoint info into the INS and using radio navigation as a backup. 

I screwed up my LAT/LONG entries and went off course a couple of times.  Nonetheless, I felt like it was quite an accomplishment to pick up the Broome NDB after a couple hours across the open sea with nothing but the INS to guide me along.  Fortunately I didn't botch up navigation on that part of the journey.

I also had a rough landing (tired after nearly 10 hours of flight), but I made it.  My navigation errors along the way left me with less than six minutes of fuel.  It was by far my most memorable flight in FSX--no magenta line, no automatic fuel management and I had to keep my head in the game from takeoff to touchdown.

• Upvote 1

Richard P. Kelly

Sorry, but when you have a wife, you cannot possible take really long flights without saving. (That would really be a kind of cheating).  Thus, the longest flight I recall was Heathrow to Sydney in a Qantas A380, with a re-fueling stop in Singapore - saved three times, but no accel. or time compress.  I believe it was about 9,300 nm.

(BTW, I live in Florida).

• Upvote 1

Ha, timely thread OP!

I had the day off yesterday, so I planned out and completed a 12 hour BOAC B377 "Monarch" service from New York to London non-stop. 11 hours and 49 minutes. No GPS or map "cheats". Used radio navaids over land, but the 5-6 hours over water was completely dead reckoning.

Landed 10 minutes ahead of schedule and burned only about 15 minutes extra fuel than I had planned.

That's amazing. I salute you.

Vic green