Sign in to follow this  
FSXCYYZEGLL

What's Your longest Flight in FSX

London City to London Heathrow LOL

• Upvote 1

Pete Richards

Aussie born, Sydney (YSSY) living in Whitehorse, Yukon (CYXY)

Windows 11 Pro loaded on a Sabrent 1TB Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0, Ryzen 9 7950x3d, MSI X670-Pro Wifi Motherboard, MSI RTX 4070 Ti Ventus 3X 12G OC, 64GB DDR5-6000 C30 Corsair Vengeance, 2x 1TB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe for MSFS2020, 4TB Seagate BarraCuda HD, Corsair RMx 1000W PSU, NZXT Kraken X63 280mm AIO, Phanteks P600S Case.

Atlanta, GA USA to Johannesburg SA in the PSS B777-200LR (FS9, sorry, not FSX).  16+ hours.

Back story is I work for three bosses who own the company.  Two of them arranged an African Safari and hunting trip in South Africa.  One was afraid the plane would run out of fuel.

They all knew about my flight simming addiction and wanted to know how accurate the sim was.  I told them with a good payware and real world weather from Active Sky Evolution it was pretty close to "real".

They gave me the next day off...with pay...and I flew non-stop using the previous day's real world flight plan (Delta Airlines).  Made it there with lot's of fuel to spare and reported back to my bosses.  They were pleased.

Neither will ever do that flight again...16 hours on a plane, even a huge B777, is too much and, according to them, fatiguing.

Randy

• Upvote 1

Recreated the 777 distance record described here: http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2005-11-10-Boeing-777-200LR-Sets-New-World-Record-for-Distance

Hong Kong to Heathrow eastbound, flight time was roughly 23 hours in real time. Tried my best to duplicate exact date and flying conditions, weights, route, etc. It was very educational and a whole lot of fun.

• Upvote 1

Hi Jon,

Back in 2011 I flew from PADU (Dutch Habor, Alaska) to ENVA (Trondheim, Norway) with the PMDG 737, see my post below from that flight.

Cheers,

Jerome

PMDG have done a fantastic job at modelling the 737NGX. My thanks to all the team, really, this is just such an amazing aircraft you have managed to assemble! Well I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of maximum range real-world flight might be possible, real in the sense of using a properly planned flight with real weather withthe 737 configured as realistically as possible. So after much Google Maps gazing, I decided it was time for a flight from Dutch Harbor in Alaska to Trondheim in Norway. I configured as direct a route as possible without just flyingfrom A to B, which gave me a total distance of 3787.8 NM or just over 7000 km. Here is a graphic of the route I planned: flightpath.png This seemed like an awfully long way to fly a 737-800 on one full tank of fuel, just over 8 hours in fact. I setup the aircraft with the short-field package and the lighter Messier-Bugatti-Dowtycarbon brakes, then fed my waypoints into the FMC. I wasn't totally sure that this was going to be feasible, but with a max fuel load and and an empty load, the FMC showed that I wouldhave just a few drops of fuel left upon arrival, exciting stuff. After a rather short take-off run, the runway at PADU is only 3900 ft long, I was up in the air and on my way. I figured that the optimum flight route would also have me cruising at 41.000 ft, soI made sure that I had reached cruising altitude before going to bed and leaving my iMac with FSX running for the night. Around 6 hours later I was back at my iMac with just over an hour left before touchdown. The progress page on the FMC still showed that there would indeed be very little fuel left upon myarrival, enough though to get me there without running out somewhere en-route. Immediately before descending through the clouds over Norway I received a low-fuel warning, but everythingstill seemed right on track. Finally, after 8 hours and 12 minutes, I touched down at Trondheim airport. What a great maximum range flight! For those interested, here is the exact routing: navlog.png Well I hope you enjoyed my short flight summary. Until next time. Jerome PS Here are some additional geographic route views for those interested: arctic_view_01s.png arctic_view_02s.png arctic_view_03s.png arctic_view_04s.png

• Upvote 2

Did anyone ever try a pilot shift's worth of short hops in a single session, i.e. eight (or ten?) hours of 200-500 nm routes?

My longest FSX flight was around 1800 nm, I think.

The problem with these flights is that you run out of apartment space to clean and meals to cook after about three hours.

• Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Boy, haven't done one in years but it was from Washington Dulles to Frankfurt in real time.  Used to take this flight for work so I wanted to recreate it.  I departing at the actual time around 6pm.  Flew all night landing at Frankfurt like at 5-6am.  It was when I first got involved in flightsimming so I was enthralled I just couldn't stop. 

When I landed I could barely stand up or walk straight.  Got my first "simming sea legs", ha!

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

Toronto to Bahrain with PMDG 777-200

Flight time was around 11 hours and 30 minutes or so. 

I think Gatwick to Barbados in the old PMDG 747-400. Done the same route quite a few times in Concorde as well but in the 744 it took between 8 and 9 hours!

I've not actually got round to long hauls in the 777 yet, I want to but I've yet to learn about ETOPS planning in PFPX!

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

TPE-LAX in the posky 744 (I did that 3 years ago),flight time unknown

XIY-LAX in the Thomas Ruth A332 (I did that yesterday),approximately 12 hours

Toronto _Hong Kong (CYYZ-VHHH) enacting Air Canada T7-200LRX easterly polar route, 16 hours plus.

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

I am going to try KSEA-OMDB with the PMDG 777-200ER this afternoon in real time.  Simbrief say's about 14.75 hours.  Taxi2Gate KSEA and FlyTampa Reboot OMDB scenery.

• Upvote 1

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

The problem with these flights is that you run out of apartment space to clean and meals to cook after about three hours.

LOL!  :lol:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Toronto to Bahrain with PMDG 777-200

Flight time was around 11 hours and 30 minutes or so. 

Wow that is one of my favourite routes in the sim, Although I did it in a 747 since still need to wait a bit till I get 777.

I am going to try KSEA-OMDB with the PMDG 777-200ER this afternoon in real time.  Simbrief say's about 14.75 hours.  Taxi2Gate KSEA and FlyTampa Reboot OMDB scenery.

Have a good flight, I actually really enjoy the longer flights, but they aren't easy to do. Sometimes I end up just falling asleep, and for my first time doing the Singapore to Vancouver flight I actually got a friend to take over and do the night bit while I just slept. Second time I managed not to, but it wasn't easy.

Toronto _Hong Kong (CYYZ-VHHH) enacting Air Canada T7-200LRX easterly polar route, 16 hours plus.

Bill

A flight I one day hope to fly on in real-life, maybe in a few years even be at the controls but we'll see.

Thanks everyone for replying to this post, I've found 1 or 2 flights I actually did in my sim experience, and there are several that I would also really love to try out such as the London to Sydney I believe, I have remembered one that I do wish to try is the 777-200LR Air Canada from Toronto Pearson direct to Sydney, Australia. When I've looked at Simbrief it's an 18hour flight, so when I get the PDMG  777 I'll try it out. Hope you all have good flights. Also I saw someone post about flying in an old prop, my longest flight in a prop was a constellation from Toronto- London Heathrow, it took about 13 hours I believe and was a night flight( again my friend did that part).

So... are we talking longest flight in one sitting WITHOUT saving it?

Yes the longest flight without saving it, however a technicality would be to do a long night flight and go to sleep, then wake up in the morning and land it. So that sort of flight would count.

• Upvote 1