Sign in to follow this  
Ted Striker

Need help from other Eaglesoft Citation X Pilots

Gentlemen we thank you for volunteering and we'll notify when ready for testing... :wink:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Jim, I only get the "DATA LOAD 128" message when the flight doesn't crash and about the same time that the crashes were occurring. To prevent the crash I ended the flight then reloaded it before programming the FMS and proceeding.

Aerostar, good thought and you are probably right. I am not loading that waypoint, it is entered automatically when the SID is selected. But as you said maybe it is not spelled correctly in the database. I zoomed in and it is hard to tell whether it is a 0 or an O. It makes more sense that it would be ALTernate 01 rather than ALTO. I didn't think about it before I made the post above.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Uh.... no.  ALT ZERO ONE.  It means ALTITUDE, not alternate.

It's a waypoint that won't sequence until you've reached both it AND the set altitude.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Ted, John, WarpD,

I have a problem with the same flight Plan - KLAS-KLAX BOACH6.HEC RIIVR2  

Except Im getting a "Data Load 264 Error" in the Perf Init Page.  

Navigraph AIRAC 1606

FSUIPC Licensed 4.949

Hope this helps as failure is different from those previously reported with this issue.  

Monitoring the situation.

Thanks for explaining what that waypoint does Ed.

Yodah, thanks for posting. That information may be helpful for Ed. I didn't get the crashes with the FSUIPC you are using either. Only with the next version 4.950 and later.

Edit: I forgot to mention. I tested the Citation X in P3Dv2 and P3Dv3 last night. With the latest NAV cycle and latest FSUIPC it does not crash after takeoff with the KLAS25R BOACH6 HEC RIIVR2 KLAX flight plan if you load the flight at KLAS, let the panels inititalize, and then reload the plane before programming the FMS.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Ok, at this point further testing really isn't needed.  I have changes that you don't have and that makes a rather significant difference.  I appreciate the information and the willingness to put it out there... just trying to save you a bit of time and bandwidth.  For now.

Yodah, your installation has errors and you need to do a complete reinstall via the Flight1 wrapper, right clicking it and selecting Run As Administrator.  You don't have to uninstall before running the installer again.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Edit: I forgot to mention. I tested the Citation X in P3Dv2 and P3Dv3 last night. With the latest NAV cycle and latest FSUIPC it does not crash after takeoff with the KLAS25R BOACH6 HEC RIIVR2 KLAX flight plan if you load the flight at KLAS, let the panels inititalize, and then reload the plane before programming the FMS.

Good information Ted. That worked for me too.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Gentlemen we will notify all testers on Monday following Fathers Day Weekend as to next steps.

Meantime, we just put up a new installer which automates dll.xml edit requirement. It does not contain any other changes at this time.... :smile:

Yodah be advised.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

...OK..  I've just been going round in circles and circles and circles and my blood pressure is rising...

How can I get the latest Update and or Flight1 wrapper for this plane. ?

I have scoured Eaglesoft website and Flight1 website and maybe I need to call Steven Hawking to help me understand how to get the update !

Also I have a 4K monitor therefore I had to change my default Font size to  x1.25% and now my FMC/Radio panel characters are too big for their boxes..... 

Also why does the WHOLE CENTRE CONSOLE pop up when all I want to popup is the FMC on its own or the 'CRS ALT SEL HDG' panel on its own  or the  Radio panel on its own.....  so I can have them in a corner of the screen and still be able to see the rest of the cockpit....   ???

3c47f7bb5c7046a569fe101aa4fef200.jpgjpg images

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

How can I get the latest Update and or Flight1 wrapper for this plane. ?

I got the latest version by going to the following link - http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/p_ca_catalog.htm.  I clicked on 'download' and that is the FlightOne Wrapper.  You just need to select reinstall when you open up the FlightOne wrapper.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

...Thanks Jim,  I've just called Steven Hawking back and told him not to bother coming over now...

mustang_banner_newstar2777.png

Jim is correct on the link for the updated installer http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/p_ca_catalog.htm
The Popups were designed that way originally and remain not customized as to size/configuration preference.
The Font size issue is a known MS Issue with 4K Monitors and is being addressed in the afformentioned and upcoming test build.

Remember, the 4K Monitor/Font Size issue is a recent development for simmers and we aren't the only devs to have to address it... :wink:
Note from previous post: Meantime, we just put up a new installer which automates dll.xml edit requirement.
It does not contain any other changes at this time.... :smile:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I'm glad that this issue is being addressed.  I've given up using the Citation X due to numerous CTD's with the FMC.  I've gotten them near the first waypoint after takeoff at some airports and I also get them when using AP in HDG during take off, then trying to use the DTO function to navigate to the first waypoint. 

Time marches on and we are simply trying to improve the functionality and enjoyment of this aircraft across the multiple platforms and hardware changes available these days.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

While we don't do support here at Avsim we are looking for experienced CX pilots like yourselves who wish to beta test a new build which may resolve a number of difficulties we are hearing about.

Those interested may contact me with specific names and email addresses for testing setup. :wink:

Will there be an update or further beta testing as Ed (WarpD) indicated in post 21 there is no need for further testing and the problem has been found.  Meanwhile I continue to use the aircraft by reloading it as suggested by Ted Striker above.  I'm only asking as it is frustrating when you set up a flight plan, configure the FMS, and then have an api.dll crash at takeoff.  Not all of the time but you have to do things like Ted suggested first to make sure it works.  I love the FADEC action during takeoff and during the flight.  It really does provide a lot of immersion.  Thanks Ron!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM