Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

FSX Steam: essential changes in fsx.cfg?

Hi guys, I searched in the forum but didn't found recent posts on this argument; so I decided to open a new thread about the very essential changes you should make, in your opinion, in FSX.CFG

I run FSX:SE DX10 (Steave FX) on a not up-to-date machine so, out of the box, with MD11, NGX and DASH8 and ASN (on client pc) I got about 18-21 fps on ground with 70% of AI traffic

But I'm curios about:

1) do you use HT?

2) AffinityMask

3) FFTF

4) other?

Thanks a lot,

Ric

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

................. If you use Active Sky Next it will add it for you.

I didn't know this, could you explain me further more? even if ASN is in networked configuration?

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Hi Riccardo

When you first install and run Active Sky Next it will normally detect that the affinity mask is not present in your CFG file, It will then work out the correct setting and add it for you, this stops what is known as the 8 minute freeze where the sim will stop working and then after 8 mins resumes again. Am not sure if will do the same for a network configuration, best way is to check in your CFG file to see if the setting is present.

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

With FSX-SE, the AffinityMask setting is ignored, but the core affinity can be forced by an external app. However, that's usually fine, the main problems come from where addons go on the CPU. With addons running alongside FSX-SE set them up to start with affinity on cores above core zero. If the program handles affinity itself, let it do that, if it does not handle affinity by itself, start it with a .bat file. A .bat file can be started from the exe.xml file or from a shortcut on the desktop.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I only change the WideViewAspect to true and everything works perfectly.

Best.

Miquel.

The content of the .bat file should look like:

start /B "" /affinity F8 "C:\Program Files (x86)\FSWeather\FSWeather.exe"
F8 in this case is Hexadecimal, 248 Decimal = 11111000, this would work well with FSX-SE on a four core with HT enabled.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

I have ASN on networked configuration and never got this alert. But found that in FSX.cfg the entry is present.

Riccardo

I run Win 10 and Steam Edition of SFX (no boxed) with Steam Edition of ASN, Soft Clouds. ASN informed me it wanted to set the Affinity mask, I let it ASN also informed me that the Steam Edition of ASN does not support networking? Tried running boxed and steam together, much, much better with Steam alone.

It seems to me that Dovetail either plugged some memory leaks or found a way to retire unneeded memory in a timely manner. The improvement in the VAS department say's it all. The Sim is much more enjoyable now with my PMDG B77's.

• Upvote 1