Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

New Rex SkyForce 3D - The ASN Killer?

Oh Dang!!!! Looks great

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

This looks pretty good. Hopefully REX can deliver a solid solution for P3D.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Guest Mik75

I'll buy it for sure! Because, what one can see in the video, is the most realistic looking weather, ever, in any flight sim!! Wow!

Wow! That looks amazing.. One more thing added to my ever growing list of stuff to purchase  :Big Grin:

• Upvote 1

Why ASN Killer ? This looks only texturing.. Next level (?) replacement for REX Soft Clouds. Looks nothing to do with weather injection ?

Regards

Prayog

I'll wait for some reviews after it comes out. I looks like more of the same honestly.

• Upvote 4

The 3D clouds look amazing! I just hope that the FPS impact is not dramatic.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I can't see anything that revolutionary, besides the 1st class cloud textures that REX are famous with. I also think those "mist effects" and fast passing clouds near the aircraft effects are achieved by increasing the sim rate and we won't get those in normal flight. The rain shaft looks like a displaced texture and not a volumetric event. I hope i'm wrong though. How i long for a realistically depicted weather..

• Upvote 1

It does seem interesting, IF, and only IF, the clouds are actually 3D. Otherwise it will be the usual 2d high resolution texture, and we already paid for that quite some time now. Without even considering the low texture resolution "soft clouds"

From the video i saw nothing about entering them yet. So yeah, i guess i'll wait either for some comparison videos of people actually using it.

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Looking very good indeed. However for now, i'll also wait and see what exactly there will be actually released.

Fransesco

if you haven't tried Rex soft clouds you really should.you would never know they are low res.absolutely amazing work done by REX.

and yes i'm a big fan of theres :smile:as you can tell.

on simmarket they are 11 euros at the moment.

not knocking ASN ,seems they are using default P3D clouds??

steve

[...] not knocking ASN ,seems they are using default P3D clouds?? [...]

No - You can combine ASN with any of Your favourite 3rd pary sky- and cloudtextures.

:smile:

Fransesco

if you haven't tried Rex soft clouds you really should.you would never know they are low res.absolutely amazing work done by REX.

and yes i'm a big fan of theres :smile:as you can tell.

on simmarket they are 11 euros at the moment.

not knocking ASN ,seems they are using default P3D clouds??

steve

Thanks for the advice Steve, but my experience was indeed backed up by the fact i did buy them and tried them :)

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Wow, fantastic....

gb

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

That looks superb.  Sold.