Sign in to follow this  
TheFlightSimGuy

New Rex SkyForce 3D - The ASN Killer?

SOLD too, think its Soft Clouds mixed with Photoreal clouds,when it comes to depicting the clouds in a weather front. ...I hope I'm wrong.

spacer.png

MSI Codex 5 10SC-262UK Desktop PC - Intel Core i7-10700, RTX 2060 Graphics, 16GB RAM, 2TB HDD, 256GB SSD.

Looks incredible! It's amazing how far weather depiction has come in flight simulation, and yet for some simmers it is still not good enough. I'm perfectly happy with P3D+ASN in its current state, so anything better that that is like a cherry on top of the cake, seriously.

• Upvote 1

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Keep in mind, REX is planning to release a new weather engine that will be on par with AS 2016.

http://www.rexsimulations.com/weatherdirect.html

Now THIS is an interesting development! I wonder if they will have a trial period option? I am definitely interested, but I don't know if I would make the switch from AS without having the chance to try this. In trying it, I mean a full functionality trial, not just at one specific airport with only a few settings. I also wonder if REX's products will be sold separately or there will be a slight discount if you buy the bundle?

Either way, it sounds like REX has really upped the ante with this one!

Good things are coming folks!! I don't know about y'all, but I'm excited! :dance:

REX has also said in their forums, that they are testing it so that it works in PMDG's weather radars.

I really don't want FS2016 after all the development I am seeing from innovative companies like Orbx, REX, HIFI not to mention the great planes coming out. And then new scenery technology never seen before like the features in FSDT MEM. 

I don't know guys, I am not seeing the benefit to switching from P3D. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Rex is also testing their own weather engine, which I must say, looks like it will be even better than AS 2016 by far. That will probably be the best weather solution when paired with sky force 3d.

http://www.rexsimulations.com/weatherdirect.html

Hard to say as neither has been released.

Weather has never been the strong point of REX, textures yes, but not weather.

Until they actually release their weather engine and it can be compared to either ASN or AS2016 I think it would be fair to say one is better than another at this point.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Well, the features are certainly awesome! Weather that changes the wave heights and sky textures in addition to cloud types in real time is incredible.

Incredible shots!. Simply amazing!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Well, the features are certainly awesome! Weather that changes the wave heights and sky textures in addition to cloud types in real time is incredible.

ASN does that now(wave heights) in P3D and has for some time. Fly in a Tstorm with very high winds and fly close to the water. - scary with those big waves coming at you. AS16 does sky and cloud changes in real time.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

ASN does that now(wave heights) in P3D and has for some time. Fly in a Tstorm with very high winds and fly close to the water. - scary with those big waves coming at you. AS16 does sky and cloud changes in real time.

Vic

Honestly did not know that.

Thanks,

Rob