Sign in to follow this  
IMH747

FS9 Stutters with Quad core: really?

Well, that means that SGSSAA (as usual) was the culprit, as you can't choose that transparency AA mode in CP.

Can you please try to understand that it's not NI nor CP themselves that cause your stutters.

Try 16xS for general AA and 4x Supersampling for transparency AA and see how that works for you.

Can you please try to understand that it's not NI nor CP themselves that cause your stutters.

This needs to be emphasized. Neither does anything beyond writing entries to the XML file that controls the driver.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Luke Kolin

I make simFDR, the most advanced flight data recorder for FSX, Prepar3D and X-Plane.

Well, that means that SGSSAA (as usual) was the culprit, as you can't choose that transparency AA mode in CP.

Try 16xS for general AA and 4x Supersampling for transparency AA and see how that works for you.

Didn't matter what I choose, stutters stopped after using NI. CP with same modes was smoother. That's what I now use with success.

Sir Thong, you clearly are one of those who refuse to take in any advice others try to give and blabber on about what you think you know, but very clearly don't have a clue about.

It's really frustrating, borderline trolling I would say.

Maybe some moderator should jump in here and teach this guy a thing or two.

Sir Thong, you clearly are one of those who refuse to take in any advice others try to give and blabber on about what you think you know, but very clearly don't have a clue about.

It's really frustrating, borderline trolling I would say.

Maybe some moderator should jump in here and teach this guy a thing or two.

Seriously? That's your response? I don't have time to 'troll'.

I used NI for years. Until,recently I switched to CP at recommendations by others, now I have a stutter free sim.

I only said try it. Can't say why it works. But I'm sorry I don't have the same problems as you. Maybe I'll go back to NI so I can follow your recommendations just so I can come on here and say you fixed it.

Jon Au Jos ..... the jig is up!

[DISPLAY]
UPPER_FRAMERATE_LIMIT=62 // this is because it gives a little margin when I use Vsync @ 60hz (fps)
TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=120
TextureMaxLoad=8 // Note, this is NOT the same as the texture_max_load in the [graphics] section

[TERRAIN]
TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000
TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=100.000000
TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=1000.000000 // Don't know what this does, but it's possible to use high values
TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=21 // Because I use NextMAP Europe Mesh which has 19m resolution

OK

I will try this.

I'm not an expert. :wink:
What is IN and CP?

What is IN and CP?

CP is short for Control Panel and it refers to the default Nvidia Control Panel that you get with the drivers.

NI is short for Nvidia Inspector. It does the same thing, i.e. graphics quality settings, but has more options than CP.

NI also has built in sensor monitoring that gives you info on lots of things concerning your gfx card, such as temps and load.

Note that the new versions of NI is split into two programs, nVidiaInspector (where the monitoring stuff is) and nVidiaProfileInspector (where you set your grahics quality).

You have Vertical Sync at 1/3 ?? Any reason?

Try "Use the 3D application setting"

Pierre

I had missed those screenshots of your NI settings, sorry. I looked at them now, and the first thing that I noticed, which makes a HUGE difference,

is that you were setting up the FSX profile, not FS9 :)

So maybe you start by selecting the right profile and go from there. We all make mistakes, and this was as funny one  :wink:

• Upvote 1

I had missed those screenshots of your NI settings, sorry. I looked at them now, and the first thing that I noticed, which makes a HUGE difference,

is that you were setting up the FSX profile, not FS9 :)

Ah! Ha!

WILCO

Jon Au Jos ..... the jig is up!

Exactly, lol. Thongs account is no longer active.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

So maybe you start by selecting the right profile and go from there. We all make mistakes, and this was as funny one :wink:

Hi Neumanix,

First TEST with B737 PMDG looks a bit better

Will try with Cessna

@Imhotep

So you use 6 monitors for the outside view right? What is the total resolution?

You might have to go easy on the AA settings, but glad to hear it looks better already.