Sign in to follow this  
IMH747

FS9 Stutters with Quad core: really?

@Imhotep

So you use 6 monitors for the outside view right? What is the total resolution?

You might have to go easy on the AA settings, but glad to hear it looks better already.

The graphic resolution is 3840x1024 60Hz

Something happened last time. After fire-up FS9, and B737PMDG @ EGLL (London Heathrow) as soon as it was ready to taxi I had to stop in the middle of the way to runway 27L.

My wife urged me to put our little boy in bed.  Thanks God I wasn't operate for the real Pan Am ;-)

Before leaving the simulator,  After fire up the APU, engines were shut down.

I came back 3 hours later just for shutting down the simulator and go back to sleep.

Guess what,  I couldn't resist to start engines and  finish taxi to the runway.

Surprisingly, all stutters gone. 30 FPS and smooth.

That night was so hard! I took off and stopped the simulator.

Few days later same scenario, not 3 hours but 40minutes wait with two screens opened on top down view, two other screens opened on spot plane, and the lasts two others opened on tower view.

This was the setup on the PC2, the one that operate view.(to operate six screens views we have three new views opened and undocked Front-Left, Forward, Front-Wright)

During that time, on PC1 the aircraft was preparing for flight.

As soon as ready, and obtained the clearance for taxi, the PC2 came back with cockpit view, hoping that the graphic card had time to compiled all sceneries.

The result is pretty good, but the landing airport.

Maybe some config needs to be reduced. Maybe