Sign in to follow this  
argoss1

PROLINE FUNCTIONS (DIRECT TO NOT WORKING) v3.3.5

I just got it (P3D v3.3.5) and the DIR function DOES NOT work... and the NAV is very iffy. Selecting REF options/ Bearings is hit and miss, sometimes it works sometimes it does.  Not happy about that!

Careful, if you say anything bad about their products people will start PMing you (and emailing you) about how dumb you are, lol.  (I know this from experience ha).

I haven't flown their stock C90 gtx in a while but I recall the direct function did work but it was finicky.  I wish I could be more specific.  I presume the PL21 is the same from their C90 to B350 (it's pretty much the same in real life).  For the refs/bearings button , the clickspots are really tiny and a pain in the butt to click with.  Make sure nothing is blocking your viewpoint (like the seat or something).

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Yeah Ryan, but the truth is Carenado doesn't deliver systems-wise, no matter what people say.

More complex aircraft from Carenado feature superb 3D models and cheap, rushed 'systems' that hardly work. I stopped buying when the 1900D came out, fell for the Hawker and really stopped there. It's just not rewarding.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

You can fake DTO by inserting your DTO waypoint into the FMS a second time and then using the DIR button to select the 2nd occurrence of the wpt. Now you're flying a zero-length leg between two identical waypoints, the sim can't calculate a course on a zero-length leg and therefore no intercept angle, the FMS will fly directly to it.

• Upvote 5

And those are the kind of silly workarounds I'm talking about

Don't have time for that when I'm flying on pilot edge

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Well that's my silly way of getting my $40 bucks worth out of it instead of b*tching about it on the forums.

• Upvote 7

I am done supporting this company, I did open a ticket months ago about the weather radar not working for P3D. They responded a fix is coming, never happens, and probably never will. It seems that bugs or incorrectly programmed features are being carried from one aircraft to the other. 

Here is the my message and Carenado response:

Hi, 
I purchased the navigraph extension pack for the EMB505, however it doesnt install in P3Dv3. Is this going to be fixed? 
Also, the weather radar doesnt install in P3DV3, there is no entry for the METEO gauge in the DLL.XLM, when trying to add it manually, it crashed P3DV3. Will this be also fixed? 

Carenado Support

January 11, 2016 13:44

Greetings,

Absolutely! 
We are working on some incompatibility issues to solve them as soon as we can. 
Stay tuned to our Facebook page for news about this.

Regards,

Carenado.

Regards,

John

I made a promise to myself not to post in these stupid Carenado threads anymore after the last round of attacks over the CJ2 but against my better judgement went back on my promise. It won't happen again

Jim, I for one thank you for all your contributions. Your DTO solution works just fine.

Don't let "Carenado trolls" ruin your day, Most don't even own the planes they talk about.

1 - It's crazy to have to enter a waypoint twice to get a DTO to function correctly.

2 - It's great we have people who figure that out and share it.

• Upvote 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hm, I`m almost 20 years into flight simulation and still have a hard time to understand such kind of discussions.

I mean, does anybody really expect ProLine21 functionality, system fidelity or even usable AP modes from Carenado ?

Come on, the FLC mode doesn`t even level-off where it should. Take it what it is, use it for manual flight, or as screenshot simulator.

I really like Carenado planes, e.g. their Skymaster. But they should stay within their limits and stay away from complex airplanes.

To come close to real King Air Operation within the FSX/P3D turboprop limits, the gorgeous Flight1 Super King Air works well in P3D.

I could imagine though, a G1000 in a King Air is not everybodies darling.

So what, just wait for the Milviz 350i then.

Mike

• Upvote 1

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Jim, I for one thank you for all your contributions. Your DTO solution works just fine.

Don't let "Carenado trolls" ruin your day, Most don't even own the planes they talk about.

I own many of their aircraft. I'm not a troll because I complain about their products. I love how people call me names when I don't agree with the majority. Lol! Many times I have contacted C about their coding... They feel nothing is wrong. Not much else I can do.

A lot of their aircraft are really nice - Mike summed it up nicely above me.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Jim Robinson, on 16 Jun 2016 - 6:56 PM, said:

Jim I copied and pasted your comments everywhere on FB...