Sign in to follow this  
Guest cactus

PSS777 - need advice, please!

Guest georg

Hello,I am considering buying the PSS 777, but there is basically one thing which is stopping me. As I have read from the forums, it does not come with a load manager and I imagine it's quite a pain to load such a big aircraft in the FS payload tool by entering all the weights separately. Strange that they haven't included it as it's quite standard with new addons actually :) I'm planning to buy the cargo version, I guess and maybe it's a bit easier with that?Thanks!

Hi George,I think there may be a load edit in the works ... But in the meantime, you can always edit the aircraft.cfg weight section to change what is there already ... as long as you have a backup .... easy to do and effective. There are comments in the .cfg which tell you what is what.

Guest georg

Thanks. This sounds okay actually. But could you please tell me if it really is like Level-D 767 or PMDG 747? Thanks.

Guest cactus

If the PMDG ro LVLD 67 were given a 10 on a scale of 10 I would put the 777 about a 7.5 to 8. It doesnt simultate all the systems the PMDG or 67 do and there are a few bugs still in the works. if all the bugs are fixed i MIGHT give it a solid 8-8.5. The only thing it has that i feel is any worth that the 67 and pmdg dont have is the weather radar. i know some people will come on here screaming that it is just as good as the 67 or 47 but i really dont think they are doing a fair comparison. PSS is starting to simulate more things than they used to compared to their A330/340 but still not near enough. Their frame rates still jumparound from 33-15-28-10-30-7-22 and every other number you can think of whereas they 767 or 747 are a SOLID 32-28-33-29-34-28. the 777 varies at least 25 FPS from the highest to lowest where the 747 and 767 may vary 10 at worst case. This is very true for thei A33/340 too. I dont knwo what it is about PSS's products and why they do that but i sure wich they would fix it.

Guest georg

Thanks a lot for this great comparision and review. I think I'll just need to wait a bit more and see if they will make any improvements to the 777. If not, then I will just stick with the 767 or 747 in some cases too (again, waiting for the developer to fix some rather major bugs).

Guest cactus

Yeah I am back to flying the 67 and 47 again. I never realized how simulated the systems are with the 747 until i started froma cold and dark cockpit and used the detailed checklist that comes with the 747 under normal procedures