Sign in to follow this  
bernd1151

Northern Germany to Southern Austria in a Tupolev

To be more precise from my hometown Münster in Westphalia to beautiful Klagenfurt near the Wörthersee. The plane is a fairly huge Tupolev 114 in my own fictional private livery, which I believe she wears quite well

The Tu114 will take the entire runway of 3,600 meters in order to get air-born, a bit scary

image.jpg

As one can see, the area around the airport and actually also much of Westphalia is fairly rural. Westphalia is the northern part of the state “Northrhine-Westfalia”

image.jpg

Crossing the „Sauerland“, a hilly, sparcely populated area to the southern end of Northrhine-Westphalia

image.jpg

We leave Frankfurt and its busy airport well west of us

image.jpg

Fürstenfeldbruck AFB, west of Munich, was my former stomping ground

image.jpg

Below is part of the “Ammersee”. We get close to the Alps

image.jpg

image.jpg

The cockpit is huge

image.jpg

image.jpg

We have reached the south-eastern part of Austria with the “Wörthersee” below the plane

image.jpg

image.jpg

She is a slow turner

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for viewing

• Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Beautiful colors!   Please tell me about your scenery, and is this FSX?

JOHN

Excellent series of shots to sensational locations!

HLJAMES

Great, difficult, study plane to master. Sort of wish A2A or PMDG would do this plane.

Thank you very much gents for your comments 

Beautiful colors!   Please tell me about your scenery, and is this FSX?

JOHN

John, this is P3D 2.5 with ORBX Global, Open LC Europe and for the approach to Klagenfurt also Austria Professional HD included

Great, difficult, study plane to master. Sort of wish A2A or PMDG would do this plane.

The plane would be very complex to model I guess. But if a2a or PMDG would ever do it, this would be Eastern, Xmas and my birthday all on the same day  :wink:

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

...it's like a 707....with propellers!! :P 

Beautiful screenshots. :cool:

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

What a classic plane! Nice to see the big Tupolev after sitting so many hours in the little Tupolev. I hope that this is only the beginning of a whole summer journey! See your Tu-114 in Almaty or Khabarovsk?

And by the way: Did they have airstairs high enough at Klagenfurt? :smile:

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

The Tu114 will take the entire runway of 3,600 meters in order to get air-born, a bit scary

Very scary, as the runway length is only 2,170 meters. The extension to 3,600 meters was not approved :smile:

Nice screenshots!

Thanks, Mark, I think so too and almost as fast

I hope that this is only the beginning of a whole summer journey! See your Tu-114 in Almaty or Khabarovsk? And by the way: Did they have airstairs high enough at Klagenfurt? :smile:

We will see, Harald. I have to check what sort of scenery I have for that part of the world for P3D. But Almaty should be doable I think. And no, they did not have airstairs high enough in Klagenfurt. I hope they will in Almaty  :wink:

Very scary, as the runway length is only 2,170 meters. The extension to 3,600 meters was not approved :smile:

hahaha, my bad, Thomas. You are absolutely correct, I forgot that. Now I know why I had to struggle to get airborne with an almost empty plane  :smile:  Thanks for pointing this out to me.