Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dasher7

The Bold and the Beautiful Project is launched!!

Guest jennifer

Must admit, I missed the child's note on first viewing.

>Well...>>I was intrigued by the idea, but was offended by the language>in the child's "note" to the captain, so don't think I'll>join. I realize this is my personal sensitivity, but others>may feel the same way.>>Regards,Dear sir,The disputed line of text has been removed. Please refresh your browser. I'm sorry for provoking your morals.We respect everybody's beliefs and sensitivities. Some people express them politely, like you. Some people express them rudely and harshly, using defamatory, unfair and insulting allegations. People's mental and emotional intelligence work side-by-side in appreciating and interpreting the facts of the world around us. Here comes the "common sense" concept, a variable during time, which balances the battle between emotion and logic. Sociologists and anthropologists tend to agree that the prevalence of pure and raw emotion over logic defines mainly two categories of beings: (a)infants and (b)animals.George Matsaridis,BB Project Concept & Web,www.aegeanseagull.com/bb

George K. Matsaridis

Join me in my 737 "Bold & the Beautiful" Adventures: BB1 Project & BB2: Beyond the Atlantic Project.

Case: NZXT M59 (5x12cm led fans) | PSU: Corsair AX850 Gold | Mobo: Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3 | CPU: i7-2500K @ 5.0GHz @ 1.464v on AIR | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio (2 fans) | RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz CL9 1.5v | GPU: Gigabyte GTX480 SOC 1.5Gb @ 820MHz | HDD 1: WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | eHDD1: WD My Book Elite 2Tb | eHDD2: Lacie 301411EK 1.5Tb | OS: Windows 7 64-bit | Monitor 1: Samsung Syncmaster P2470HD 24'' (1920x1080) | Monitor 2: LG Flatron L1919S 19'' (1280x1024) | Monitor 3: Philips 160E1/SB 15.6" (1366X768) | Joystick: Saitek X52 | Keyboard: Saitek Cyborg | Laptop: Toshiba Satellite AMD Turion (@ 2.10GHz) | RAM: 2GB

1wy6.jpg

Guest B52Drivr

George,well, I have to admit, the childs note was perhaps in bad taste on the web site such as yours. Saying that, if you have removed the 'bad' word, then perhaps all will be well. I like your idea, and may have to try it out.Saying all of that, I saw this 'childs' note a few years ago, and no matter how bad taste everyone thought it was, the first time I saw it, I laughed my #### off Just my sense of humor I guess.Best,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest Erick_Cantu

If ya got 3000-odd feet or more a 737's no problem. ;)Interesting idea tho' - neat stuff!Bad language? Ha! None of you people would survive on real aviation sites like PPRuNe... :-lol

Guest Paul Heaney

Actually Erick, There's times for swearing, and a website like that is not one of those times.Don't get me wrong, I swear like a Sailor at work, but that's work, and we are all disgruntled auto workers, but when I come come, my vocabulary makes a drastic change.

Guest Dasher7

(No relation to website owner)Listen, those few of you who I will now rant upon (my first real rant, I think, celebrating my 75-post anniversary, huraaa!): How many of you made a website with a fine scheme for people getting together, flying around the world with some nice info for each airport planned?Yeah, its too bad the site is mainly for explorer, maybe he would feel more obliged to make a universal version, if he felt appreciated or/and maybe someone else could help him if he didn't know how. That's the good spirit when it comes to something non-commercial, the existence of which depends on how you react to it.I missed whatever word you're talking about, but listen, let's not get too Puritan here. I mean, what could you possibly have so much against this guy? Also, please tell me what kind of severe diciplin should be brought upon a child for speaking a foul word? I'm sure he's doing his best, he's not making any money on it, no banners, I mean, what's the matter? There's contact info and the author is here, completely calm, I image he's feeling a bit disappointed right now, why couldn't you just drop him a personal message? His first language is not English and I can attest from living in Europe that people generally (only generally, not an invitation to inquest) do not feel the same kind of moral indignation as in other places, when hearing a foul word. For example, I've often been embarrased in front of Americans because I knew that they would be offended and the Europeans could not figure out why the temp f just dropped. They just don't understand the power of those words in the public sphere, its that simple, probably because it's not their first language. (I'm just imagining what word it is, by the way.) Neither would I use swearwords on that kind of website, I wouldn't find it fitting, actually I don't really get the cartoon at all but if you feel offended you could just tell him nicely, not in the third person. I have never had people flame my scenery, only nice suggestions and answers. Also, I was told that some things were missing, or something like that, but it has always been directly to me and always in a nice manner. Even when I had upset someone, the kind gentleman said it to me, didn't flame me on a forum to burn on the stake. That's why I'll make something else again, to share. When it comes to morals, add up the weight before undermining some innocent fella. Plus, for your own sake, it will encourage the guy to keep up the site, which you obviously would like to see.Indignated moral rant off :)Yours, Dasher7

Guest flight78

Hey ! kool idea the intro was very funny it made me laugh really much :D. So whats the idea? i dont get it lolBest regards.Alexander

Guest Knikolaes

Just my two cents . . . I am a major at PCC as a Graphics Arts designer in Visual Communications. Part of that entails web site design.On Internet Explorer - -the web site looks great. No issues at all. Not exactly the most . . . exhilerating I have seen, but considering the resources you have at hand I can't complain. (I am spoiled myself, using Adobe Studio Suite, GoLive, InDesign as well as macromedia's Flash MX, Dreamweaver MX and other parts of their studio MX Suite).I havent checked other browsers, but one of the things my college instructors have been beating into my skull is compatability with multiple browsers.DISCLAIMER -- this is just info I am passing on as a student of the trade of design, and I am a STUDENT, and NOT an expert, so I pass this on from my opinion only. I am not even subscribing tothis thread as I am moving on, but I thought I'd share a little of what my college has been teaching me . . . .--> Check Compatabilities--> Check fonts--> Check graphic codes (e.g. flash code crashing computers, etc.)--> Check page size (I am a cable user, but I have toforce myself to think about folks that still insist on using Dial-Up).I hope this doesn't draw offense. I just noted a lot of folks here trying to say in different terms the above which my instructors as well have been teaching me. **smiles**Take care and good luck with the project. Looks promising.

Guest Rockcliffe

OK. I didn't read the child's note either -- but now I'm curious. Anyone care to pm me with the now deleted line?

Guest GeorgeDorkofikis

If I'm not mistaken (my memory sometimes fool me), this note was actually written by a child and was handed over to the cabin crew.Don't remember which airline or route, but I remember it was around 1995 or something on a charter european route, when it circulated the offices in some internal airline magazines.It was common practice on some of the charter airlines to pass questonaries to their passengers and get their feedback.Having said that, maybe the child was guided by the (I assume frastruated) parent(s) as to what to write.We have a saying here in Greece which in free translation says "From a young or a crazy, you will get the truth!"George DorkofikisAthens, Greecehttp://online.vatsimindicators.net/811520/1704.png

Guest jennifer

The word was "feck" with the second letter changed to a 'u'. I'm not offended personally, but it's wise to take into account the sensitivities of the whole. Good luck with your venture George, a neat way to launch a virtual airline. One thing that occurred to me as I was reading your site was the question of training flyers or testing flyers to the standard you require? Just wondered how you were addressing this.

Here a simple treat if U want small but readable typo: Use grotesque fonts for small letters, Georgia is Antiqua, and it's too detailed for screen resolution. Try Arial or Verdana.Here

Guest Dasher7

Now, THAT is what I call constructive criticism!Cheers,Dasher7

He, he, yeah but it won't work cause I forgot to say that you also have to remove either the classes from the paragraphs in the body block, or/and every line with font-family and font-size in the style block inside the head section on each page. Sorry!Eagle

Interesting idea, even if I had to squint to read it in Firefox. :) Since 737s vary so widely in flight modeling, out of curiosity, is there a particular model or models you're wanting people to use--NG or second generation (-300/-400/-500)? PMDG? Ariane? 50 North? Or the default?Lewis "Moose" GregoryRichmond, Virginia