Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Need Help with former RSP Settings

Hello all... I just transitioned from P3D v3.2 to v3.3.5. As such RSP is no longer usable. I have d/l and installed the applicable PTA version. I would like to start with what I had set in RSP as it kind of worked for me. I may watch here on this board for some presets to try later. If someone could tell me what I need to select in the PTA UI to get my former RSP settings that would be great! Thank you!! My RSP settings were:

Terrain Brightness: Medium

Shadow Intensity: High

Autogen: Checked on

HDR: Step 1 (no clue what that means or how that translates to PTA)

Clouds: With Popcorn Fix on

Lastly, just a couple quick questions:

1. Once I have a setup I like but want to try another, how do I go about saving the current setting in case I want to revert?

2. If I want to go back to the default P3D settings (in case my settings get all messed up with me trying different settings) prior to PTA how do I go about do that?

Thank you all!!

Eric 

Hi!

cloudsjpg_3366923_22369345.jpg

Shadowsjpg_9026650_22369351.jpg

HDRjpg_6191619_22369347.jpg

1. You can save preset with new name. Menu Preset - Save As.

2. Menu Actions - Restore original P3D shaders.

Regards,

Hi,

I'm in the same case, I would like to use my RSP settings in V.3.3.5 using PTA but I could not find a way to do this, can somebody help please? I read select .ini but where is this .ini file?

Thanks.

Fouad Chakib

Hi,

I'm in the same case, I would like to use my RSP settings in V.3.3.5 using PTA but I could not find a way to do this, can somebody help please? I read select .ini but where is this .ini file?

Thanks.

Its in this download and use nothing else from it to be safe - you can place it in your pta folder and open if there or crate your own ini folder and open from there - doesnt matter

http://www.avsim.com/topic/489816-ultimate-realism-pack/

Rich Sennett

Thank you very much Richard for you quick reply.

Cheers

Fouad

Welcome anytime - ask if your not sure - easier than fixing it after  :wink:

Rich Sennett

I downloaded PTA but the tabs and screens are different than shown above?  No shadows tab?  Trying to get my sim to look like it did with RSP.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I downloaded PTA but the tabs and screens are different than shown above?  No shadows tab?  Trying to get my sim to look like it did with RSP.

Yep. Those screens are from previous version of PTA. Pls see http://1coder.ru/PTA/releases.html

Gregg, if you tell me your settings in RSP, I'll try to find the same solution in PTA.

Yep. Those screens are from previous version of PTA. Pls see http://1coder.ru/PTA/releases.html

Gregg, if you tell me your settings in RSP, I'll try to find the same solution in PTA.

Sorry, haven't been able to get on my sim last few days.  My settings were pretty normal except I had to tone it down a notch due to dark cockpit.  The effect was really nice.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

My settings were pretty normal

Well, there is a table with RSP and PTA 1.3 settings:

RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Low, Shadow Intensity:Low => PTA Equivalent:Adjust terrain ambient sunlight=0.2; Adjust terrain diffuse sunlight=2.0
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Medium, Shadow Intensity: Low => PTA Equivalent:Adjust terrain ambient sunlight=0.5; Adjust terrain diffuse sunlight=2.0
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:High, Shadow Intensity: Low => PTA Equivalent:Adjust terrain ambient sunlight=0.8; Adjust terrain diffuse sunlight=2.0
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Low, Shadow Intensity: Medium => PTA Equivalent: Adjust terrain ambient sunlight=0.2; Adjust terrain diffuse sunlight=1.7
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Medium, Shadow Intensity: Medium => PTA Equivalent: Adjust terrain ambient sunlight=0.5; Adjust terrain diffuse sunlight=1.7
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:High, Shadow Intensity: Medium => PTA Equivalent: Adjust terrain ambient sunlight=0.8; Adjust terrain diffuse sunlight=1.7
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Low, Shadow Intensity: High => PTA Equivalent: Adjust terrain ambient sunlight=0.2; Adjust terrain diffuse sunlight=1.4
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:Medium, Shadow Intensity: High => PTA Equivalent: Adjust terrain ambient sunlight=0.5; Adjust terrain diffuse sunlight=1.4
RSP settings:Terrain brighthess:High, Shadow Intensity: High => PTA Equivalent: Adjust terrain ambient sunlight=0.8; Adjust terrain diffuse sunlight=1.4
Also PTA 1.3 have separate management for aircraft (VC) lighting (Tweak "Aircraft brightness tuning" on page "Lighting").

Well, there is a table with RSP and PTA 1.3 settings:

I'll give that a try.  I think I had terrain high and shadows medium.

Gregg Seipp

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.