Sign in to follow this  
Guest tracker_tech

BRAVO to Captain Sim

no problems? just try to use the reversers!I will wait to see if CS takes their time to patch this before I buy it after hearing about some of the bugs that have appeared

>no problems? just try to use the reversers!What's wrong with the reversers?JeffEdit - Just an FYI I too have had no problems with installation, TCE, or starting the engines, as I've read in other posts.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest JIMJAM

I am really enjoying the Herc and its only a patch or two away from being a classic. What CS decides to do or not will maybe decide their future.There are some real heavyweights in the sim community who have stuck their necks and wallets out and let their opinions and feeling about the Herc and CS known. Alot of people are waiting to see if CS steps up and provides support and fixes for the known problems.If they do not, this is a very active and vocal bunch and the already strained relationship betreen CS an its customers will be ruined.As for me, the c-130 is not the cure for cancer and I did not have to refinance my house to buy it. My life does not depend on it and wasnt forced at gunpoint to buy it.So if you do not like CS, Dont buy their products.As for me, I need another beer so I canfinish my rescue of the Hawaiian tropic bikini team stranded in Key West.

Guest IanP

>>no problems? just try to use the reversers!>>What's wrong with the reversers?>>JeffApparently the generators pop off-line when you use them. Several people have reported it. I've got to say that it's yet to happen to me though, I can't get my throttle quad to engage reverse thrust at the moment to try it! :-hahThumps throttle quad...Ian P.

Guest B52Drivr

By all means, don't leave Hawaiian tropic bikini team stranded in Key West stranded . . . now that would be tragic!A few things: I have tried the reversers, they seem to work for me, on the ground and IN the air -- needed a few real Herc drivers to comment on this. Although I've been told they CAN be opperated in the air, I just don't have any idea of the proceedure or opps method.I've found a few problems with the Herc, everything has problems, my main interest is the a. price and b. if CS will solve these problems or let us hang in the breeze. I will say this though, as far as eye candy, and outside views, CS does do an outstanding job there. And, I am hopeing that they will jump at the chance to remedy any bad flight characteristics on this offering. Perhaps then the price might not just seem to awful bad.Best,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

Guest Knikolaes

I have to admit something . . . . I keep flying my herc and the ONLY two problems Ihave encountered are wierd and small problems.1-- blurries for ground textures as I fly her. CS's fault? No -- my fault as my system sucks.2-- ACE needed a better manual to catch some of the tricks of using. A bug? no -- just lack of documentation -- because ACE, the plane and everything else seems towork fine in my sim with the exception of the blurries.Also -- I have been in constant email contact with CS as I was repainting some of the AC for them. They usually took 48 hours average to respond to any of my emails and they always did so professionally and cheerfully.Am I missing something here or am I dealing with a different Captain Sim than you all are?

Guest Darren Howie

G'day ClaySo you can use the reversers without the Torque/FF freezing after application of maximum reverse?Be interesting to hear as like me several people have the gauges freezing after using max reverse.Darren

Guest BryUK

Well, I'm going to give you my summary. As a buch of people should know I bought it then got a 2nd free copy which I just gave away.Do I regret buying it? After a few flights I have to be honest, no I don't really regret it. Yes I've had the problem with the reversers and there are some niggles but overall, this is easily my best purchase from CS since the MiG-21. I had no problems getting the download link from the automated service to give to Saudi_777 along with my spare/prize order number. As far as I know, he's up and running by now.No problems with the installation. On the day of release my order number activated it first time, very smooth. ACE works. Like I say, just the niggles that have been pointed out elsewhere which a patch should fix.The key thing now is if we do get such a patch.Service wise, yes they're still not the best and I don't especially think they were very accomodating with my situation (I didn't win the C-130 as a prize I won "The Captain Sim Product of my choice", which at the time was the C-130.) So I don't think it would have been too big a deal to block out the order number and change my prize for whatever the next release will be, but I digress. Yes it was less than ideal and the email replies I got weren't the most polite I've ever had ("Anyway this is your prize and you can do with it what you want.")But oh well, I think most of us know what to expect in that regard.I did actually still get the valid and working prize so its not all just a marketing scam. They will infact keep their word and that is very valuable. I can't say my emails from IRIS/DSB were anywhere near so friendly, lol, but that's another story...The 707, well... I gave up on that quite a while ago. I found most of the problems were in the panel so I've merged it with a good freeware panel and have a good time flying the E-3 in my RAF repaint. Though I have to admit I have only kept the E-3 and AirForce One. Any other 707's I want, I use HJG's.

Can't comment on the C-130, haven't bought it yet. Don't plan to either at that price unless of coarse in time it gets glowing reviews.As for the REFUND POLICY, if you purchased it with a credit card you can get your money back through VISA etc.. wether the merchant offers it or not. It's part of the merchant agreement. In fact if enough people put a claim in for refund the seller could lose their merchant account. Steve

Guest jboweruk

I'll have a look tonight but not noticed anything, and of necessity I've been using reverse on many flights.