Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Any reason to upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3.5?

Discovered another problem with 3.3 that I never had. The ACars from my VA which I use on every flight, now when I select start flight, after setting up all inputs to ACARS, causes ACARS to freeze for about 10-12 seconds. ACARS says that it is "not responding". If I click on the ACARS GUI, it turns white like it is going to crash.Then after 10 + seconds the color of the Acars GUI becomes normal and in red lettering  it says "error detecting aircraft type. " in the Acars message box This never happened until I installed 3.3. I posted this issue on the VA ACARS forum, but since 3.3 is brand new, I don't have much hope for a solution. 

Now the real kicker to this is I uninstalled 3.3 and reinstalled 3.2, and the problem is still there. So 3.3 mucked up something in P3D that can't be cured by a simple roll back to 3.2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Just a quick note to anyone who is planning to update.

On my setup I have noticed that VAS consumption is significantly greater on the long flights than it was in 3.2.

I made several tests and flights shorter than about 4 hours are fine. However any longer ones will crash due to out of VAS in the last stage of flight.

Got back to 3.2 and that problem is gone.

Hi gents,

Updated to 3.3 last WE (client, content and scenery .msi): 13h flight yesterday from LSZH to (FSDT) KLAX, with PMDG 777, ASN live wx and  UTX EU/USA active. I run unlimited FPS with Vsync off: not a single stutter, except from the usual one (1 sec) caused by FSDT anti pop-up tweak approaching the scenery. My P3D and ASN settings are reasonable to have an ave FPS of 30.

Average, I couldn't see any particular difference compared to 3.2

Happy flying, 

P.S. never really cared about checking VAS, never had a problem til far (more or less same addons since 3.0).

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

The only big gain I have with the P3D V3.35 update is Cloud performance. I have the GTX 670 with Surround video.  3 X 24" + 1 X  19" monitors and I never could fly with too many clouds.

Now I can, 

On VAS, I see that I do get lot more dings than I got with 3.2 So there is something to this...  But I also noticed, my VAS can go down as low as 174,000. Earlier It used to OOM out at 250,000. 

If you have a good video card like the GTX 970 and better and don't have multiple monitors (Surround video) and are able to fly with lots of clouds with your 3.2, then moving from 3.2 to 3.3 may not be worth it.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

After trying for many hours to get my ACARS to work with 3.3, I finally rolled back to 3..2 and everything works properly again.  That is the last time I will upgrade from 3.2. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

In 3.3.5, I just did a flight from Aerosoft EDDF to FlyTampa EKCH in the A320 over Orbx EU LC.  VAS never got above 3.3 with moderate clouds.  Keep in mind, I don't run with sliders full right and I shut Vector off for jet flights.  Frame rate was 25 to 28 at the airports...30 in flight (I run my limiter at 30). 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

On further investigation today, I found out that the windowed framerates being slower was caused by me moving the sim to a different monitor...NOT by windowed mode itself.  (I have two monitors and it's starting on the wrong one.) So, if you move the sim to a different monitor and are getting crappy frames, stutters or both, press Alt-Enter a few times and investigate.  It should iron out...not sure why it does it but monkeying with it got working again.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Clean install gave me more fps +5 and smoother flight both in and out of REX clouds.

Some people forget that P3D will never run great on the first flight until the next time your reboot. Job done.  My system is and AMD throughout. :drinks:

• Upvote 1

Dave Taylor gb.png

I've had 3.3.5 for 10 days, have flown both long and short flights in either PMDG 777 or NGX. Made sure I had latest Orbx library, FSDT couatl and gsx and ASN.  All working well. Very well in fact.  Updated client and content.

I'm using full screen now, changed from window mode only a few months ago, and odd problems I had with PMDG dome light went away; however, the left outboard DU 2D popup still creates a problem about 3 hrs into session but work around is don't use that specific popup.

I see posts with claims of less frame rate or less VAS but I'm not seeing anything quantitative, just opinions.

Latest version is working great with all airports tried so far from newest KSFOHD and KMEM to old LatinVFR's.  Just my two cents.

Dan Downs KCRP

I don't understand what could be wrong, then... But settings in 3.2, gives me OOM's in 3.3.5! 

So I'm sticking with 3.2 for now...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

On a longer flight (EDDF to OMDB), I came across a G2D.DLL error over Hungarian air space, which I received the first time and the result was a CTD. Before that happened, the sim was getting unflyable and the fps dropped down to 10 fps. I repeated the flight and the fps drop happened again.

OK guys, after many hours of testing (try and error), I have found the cause of the frame drop, which appeared around a certain radius and made the sim eventually unflyable. I found that the effect files of Aerosoft's German Airfields 11 cause the frame drop! They resulted in an unrecoverable situation. As this scenery is FSX (and the effects maybe even be FS9), I can just warn to be careful, what addons you use in P3D. Best is to use native ones in order to avoid trouble. It is easy to blame the sim, but often it is just an incompatible addon. I am happy again with 3.3.5, and lucky that I do not have to go back to 3.2 as the sim looks great, especially with the Shaders of PTA.

As to VAS, I have lowered my LOD radius from ultra to high and I am also careful with the autogen sliders. That said, I can maintain 800 MB to 1.5 GB free VAS also in major hubs.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

OK guys, after many hours of testing (try and error), I have found the cause of the frame drop, which appeared around a certain radius and made the sim eventually unflyable. I found that the effect files of Aerosoft's German Airfields 11 cause the frame drop! They resulted in an unrecoverable situation. As this scenery is FSX (and the effects maybe even be FS9), I can just warn to be careful, what addons you use in P3D. Best is to use native ones in order to avoid trouble. It is easy to blame the sim, but often it is just an incompatible addon. I am happy again with 3.3.5, and lucky that I do not have to go back to 3.2 as the sim looks great, especially with the Shaders of PTA.

Good to know.  I am sure there are other airports that need to be removed and fixed.

Gregg Seipp

I did a five hour flight in the A320 from Tampa (FlyTampa) to KSFO (FlightBeam)...real time...no time acceleration.  Orbx Vector turned off, Orbx NCA on.  I got VAS warnings on final and P3D hung after landing with 3995MB VAS used.  I monitored VAS through the flight and it stayed at about 3000MB through the entire flight.  Seems like it was just the San Francisco area along with the FlightBeam airport that caused it.  So, nothing much unusual.  I guess I won't be flying into San Francisco but I'd imagine I would have gotten the same issue with 3.2 (performance there, for me, is worse than Seattle). 

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

Need to know how to roll back to 3.2.3.16769 from 3.3.5.17625.  Life's to short to have to deal w/ headaches like 3.5.  I don't want to even start to explain  what kind and how many problems I've had w/ 3.5.  

Can anyone tell me how to go back and reinstall 3.2.3.16769 ?  

Need to know how to roll back to 3.2.3.16769 from 3.3.5.17625.  Life's to short to have to deal w/ headaches like 3.5.  I don't want to even start to explain  what kind and how many problems I've had w/ 3.5.  

Can anyone tell me how to go back and reinstall 3.2.3.16769 ?  

If you have not deleted your former install files it is easy. Uninstall your current client (and content if applicabele) then install client (and content) of v. 3.2.3. That's how I did.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).