Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Any reason to upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3.5?

I made a drastic decision last night......and uninstalled P3D and all of my addons. I was fed up with several issues that I have been having for a while (bits and pieces of default textures appearing and disappearing along VFR Photographic Scenery coastlines, and also missing autogen trees along the England/Scotland border), so it had to be done. I was using v3.1, so I will take this opportunity to install the latest v3.3.5. I will also make sure to install all ten volumes of Horizon UK VFR Photographic Scenery in the correct order this time (which I suspect may have been responsible for at least some of the issues that I was experiencing).

Fingers crossed!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Need to know how to roll back to 3.2.3.16769 from 3.3.5.17625.  Life's to short to have to deal w/ headaches like 3.5.  I don't want to even start to explain  what kind and how many problems I've had w/ 3.5.  

Can anyone tell me how to go back and reinstall 3.2.3.16769 ?  

I had a problem rolling back to 3.2, and actually had to do the procedure twice, including reboots between each operation before the problems, of which there were several,  I experienced with 3.3 went away. Not sure if the install procedure of 3.3 is buggy or the uninstall, but thankfully the second attempt at uninstalling and reinstalling 3.2 worked, and now it is working perfectly as it did before the "upgrade"...

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I will also make sure to install all ten volumes of Horizon UK VFR Photographic Scenery in the correct order this time (which I suspect may have been responsible for at least some of the issues that I was experiencing).

Hi Chris, maybe it helps to say that I have all England and Scotland Horizon GenX (version 3) products as well as Treescape running in P3D V3.3.5 and so far I do not see an issue. But the upgrade is still too young to have all airports/sceneries tested.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I made a drastic decision last night......and uninstalled P3D and all of my addons. 
Fingers crossed!

I have decided to do the same on the basis of a clean install of W10.  I dread starting from scratch.  W10 install tonight.

Good luck, Erich! I will be starting with P3D itself tonight, and then working my way through the Horizon volumes :shok:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Can someone remind me how I get the CH Flightstick Pro USB joystick hat switch to work? Do I have to install FSUIPC4 for this? If so, is there a new version for P3D v3.3.5?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Don't know if I can completely blame it on 3.5 because I followed P3D's instructions on goin the "client" (hot fix) install route which I may have screwed up somehow.  WILL NOT ever go that way again.  I'll just wait until a complete new version is available to install.

Sooo, knowing where I'm comin from can anyone point me to the direction where I can do a complete (re)install of 3.2.3.16769.

NO shortcuts, client installs etc, etc.  Just 3.2.3.16769.  Thanks

If you have not deleted your former install files it is easy. Uninstall your current client (and content if applicabele) then install client (and content) of v. 3.2.3. That's how I did.

I personally, always do a full install with every version now, just to avoid any possibility of issues.  It's a pain in the butt, but in the end, everything works smooth. (sorry for the double but)

According to LM's website, your choices for v3 are v3.3.5.17625, v3.3.5.17625 or v3.3.5.17625...no v3.2 or v3.1.  You can go back to v2 and v1 but no incrementals. 

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

Yeah, I didn't keep 3.2.  Lesson learned.  I was afraid that this was going to happen w/ Prepar not havin 3.2 available.  Thanks for saving me time trying to hunt 3.2 down.

Hate like heck going all the way back to v2.  Guess I'll just have to sacrifice not being able to have current P3D version not behaving correctly or do a complete reinstall and keep my fingers crossed. Just glad I didn't load up all of my ORBX sceneries and a bunch more addons when I loaded the hot fix.

Yeah, I didn't keep 3.2.  Lesson learned.  I was afraid that this was going to happen w/ Prepar not havin 3.2 available.  Thanks for saving me time trying to hunt 3.2 down.

Hate like heck going all the way back to v2.  Guess I'll just have to sacrifice not being able to have current P3D version not behaving correctly or do a complete reinstall and keep my fingers crossed. Just glad I didn't load up all of my ORBX sceneries and a bunch more addons when I loaded the hot fix.

I am wondering if it would be possible to reach out to LM and request a copy of v3.2.  You purchased it, so why not see if they can provide a download link so you can grab the copy you want.

• Upvote 1

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I am wondering if it would be possible to reach out to LM and request a copy of v3.2.  You purchased it, so why not see if they can provide a download link so you can grab the copy you want.

This has been discussed elsewhere and it seems to be impossible to get a 3.2. installer from LM.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

This has been discussed frequently in the last couple of weeks  on the  Facebook P3D group, and apparently LM will not provide 3.2 anymore, despite many requests for it. I made sure I had a good copy of 3.2 before installing 3.2 which I feel LM should strongly suggest to people. I also think users should be warned about the possibility of having to do a full install, but then I bet they are thinking that very few would bother with the upgrade. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

This has been discussed frequently in the last couple of weeks  on the  Facebook P3D group, and apparently LM will not provide 3.2 anymore, despite many requests for it. I made sure I had a good copy of 3.2 before installing 3.2 which I feel LM should strongly suggest to people. I also think users should be warned about the possibility of having to do a full install, but then I bet they are thinking that very few would bother with the upgrade. 

Pardon my temporary ignorance to all things social but I don't use Facebook, hence missing the message.  So this begs the question as to why LM got rid of previous v3 versions, but left v2 and v1 available, doesn't make sense, especially since they have made great strides with v3 in general that overshadow what they developed in versions 1 and 2.

Making it "impossible" to procure older versions of v3 is peculiar.  I guess I'm fortunate to have been smart enough to keep my own archive of previous versions, just in case something breaks, but for those who haven't it almost seems like they have to live with their issues until LM releases more fixes or a new version altogether. 

Pardon my temporary ignorance to all things social but I don't use Facebook, hence missing the message. So this begs the question as to why LM got rid of previous v3 versions, but left v2 and v1 available, doesn't make sense, especially since they have made great strides with v3 in general that overshadow what they developed in versions 1 and 2.

Making it "impossible" to procure older versions of v3 is peculiar. I guess I'm fortunate to have been smart enough to keep my own archive of previous versions, just in case something breaks, but for those who haven't it almost seems like they have to live with their issues until LM releases more fixes or a new version altogether.

This had me scratching my head as well.  People *always* have problems.  Help them!

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Pardon my temporary ignorance to all things social but I don't use Facebook, hence missing the message.  So this begs the question as to why LM got rid of previous v3 versions, but left v2 and v1 available, doesn't make sense, especially since they have made great strides with v3 in general that overshadow what they developed in versions 1 and 2.

Making it "impossible" to procure older versions of v3 is peculiar.  I guess I'm fortunate to have been smart enough to keep my own archive of previous versions, just in case something breaks, but for those who haven't it almost seems like they have to live with their issues until LM releases more fixes or a new version altogether. 

It seems they only keep the full versions of P3D on their site, not the upgrade versions. Why they do that , I have no idea.  I even posted  the problems I had rolling back from 3.3 to 3.2 on their forum, to help other people that experienced problems with 3.3, and they deleted my post after 2 days. That isn't very helpful in my opinion, especially considering all the posts complaining about issues with 3.3 installs. with their stock replies of , " uninstall all your addons and try it", or my favorite, " do a complete install" and see if that works. The client upgrade to 3.3, introduced so many errors in my P3D, that if I hadn't had a backup copy of 3.2, I would have had to uninstall the entire sim and do a full install of  3.3. Even with my backup copy of 3.2, I had to repeat the uninstall and reinstall procedure several times before it "took".   

What really gets me is the implication by a few, that if someone runs into a problem with this client upgrade, " that they must have done something wrong".  Duh,   it's a simple, download the client, uninstall the client you have, click on the new client to install it and start P3D.  Where is their room for error in that, are you supposed to hold your mouse a certain way, or maybe cross your fingers while you do the procedure, or burn incense...... :nea: