Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Any reason to upgrade from 3.2 to 3.3.5?

Now that the hotfix is out, has anyone observed any reason to upgrade?  Performance?  Visuals?  Features?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I did the move but I can only give you an subjective impression, and no hard data: everything from 3.2 seems to work. 3.3 feels more fluid. Performance in clouds is improved. There are additional features according to release notes that may affect certain people. I am happy with 3.3.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

I upgraded to 3.1 and 3.2 without any problem. (Only the Client update) But after 3.3.5 P3D CTD after wellcome screen. Did all Orbx library and FTX Central update too but no luck. Then tried to go back Win7 restore point with no luck :( The only solution was Acronis System Restore. Now flying back on 3.2 version again without any problem.

I did the move but I can only give you an subjective impression, and no hard data: everything from 3.2 seems to work. 3.3 feels more fluid. Performance in clouds is improved. There are additional features according to release notes that may affect certain people. I am happy with 3.3.

Second this

The release notes are here:

http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2016/06/113614/

And here:

http://www.prepar3d.com/news/2016/06/113575/

If any of the fixes, improvements or new features seem worthwhile, then do the upgrade.

If people are seeing things that are not mentioned in the release notes, then they are just...well seeing things.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I did a poll yesterday on the P3D 2.5 -3.0 Facebook Group on which P3D version are folks using, because I was curious. As of this morning:

3.2     148

3.3     104

3.1       11

3.0        02

2.5 or lower       06 

Looks like 3.2 is the most popular version.  I did the same thing before I moved to 3.2, and at this point, after reading the change log, and still reading about a few people having issues with 3.3 of one kind or another, I'm sticking with 3.2 until 3.4 is released. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Make that 12 people using P3D v3.1 :smile:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Chris, come on now, 3.1 is soooo yesterday :P

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I upgraded to 3.1 and 3.2 without any problem. (Only the Client update) But after 3.3.5 P3D CTD after wellcome screen. Did all Orbx library and FTX Central update too but no luck. Then tried to go back Win7 restore point with no luck :sad: The only solution was Acronis System Restore. Now flying back on 3.2 version again without any problem.

Second this

second this too

I had a similar experience - which had me stunned for a while, but we must remember that  upon the release of a new P3D update several utilities need to be updated.  While you made an attempt to update some, if you are users of FSDreamteam and FlightBeam products - I found that their Coatl engine was crashing P3D.  It was a bit frustrating to say the least as nothing really points to it.

As for me I try to have an update checklist in place and I usually wait a few days after the update has been released to allow developers of the more common utilities to update their products.

1.  ASN

2.  Flight1 GTN750

3.  Orbx

4.  FSUIPC

5.  FSDT/FlightBeam - Stand Alone Addon Manager

6.  Delete the old Prepar3D.cfg - let the sim rebuild a new one

I have found the recent update to be more fluid especially at complex airports, and the VAS usage seems to be handled a bit better.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

So to update, without having to do clean install;

1. Uninstall client, reinstall client

2. Uninstall scenery and reinstall scenery

Done

Is that correct?

Is that correct?

What about Content ?  

1. Uninstall client, reinstall client

2.Uninstall Content and reinstall Content 

3. Uninstall scenery and reinstall scenery

Done

Is that correct?

Okay got it, so client and content, but NOT scenery?

You can do all three if you like,  Client is a must,  Content and Scenery are optional.

Personally,  If I'm updating Prepar3D this way i will always do Client and Content anyway

Of course it depends on what future Updates will bring

I went back from 3.3.5 (with hotfix!) to 3.2 again... I kept getting OOM's when approaching FlyTampa Copenhagen...

Everything's working fine in 3.2 - I dunno what's going on... 

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471