Sign in to follow this  
Dimka

New sound set for the NGX?

Hello Avsim! 

I was wondering if there were any (free) sound sets for the 737 NGX. The default is just okay, but I've heard that there are others on the interwebs that have more of the moan/whine of the real 73, as well as the well known pitch that we all hear when the plane is at the gate with the engines shut down (I believe its the APU. U know, the faint high pitch that sounds like an air conditioning system monster of a sort) . Yes I have looked into the TSS sound pack, but I could of sworn that there were others somewhere that were better. 

If anyone of you guy know what I'm talking about, a point in the right direction would help a lot! 

Thanks. 

was wondering if there were any (free) sound sets for the 737 NGX. The default is just okay, but I've heard that there are others on the interwebs that have more of the moan/whine of the real 73,

Don't  know  about the default   sounds  your  saying  about the ngx  engine,  last time I read  is  that  pmdg  actually  recorded  the real  engine  sounds  from the  actual   aircraft  from inside  the  cockpit  so  what your  hearing  is the  actual  sounds  what the rw  pilots  hear  from inside  the cockpit.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hello Avsim!

I was wondering if there were any (free) sound sets for the 737 NGX. The default is just okay, but I've heard that there are others on the interwebs that have more of the moan/whine of the real 73, as well as the well known pitch that we all hear when the plane is at the gate with the engines shut down (I believe its the APU. U know, the faint high pitch that sounds like an air conditioning system monster of a sort) . Yes I have looked into the TSS sound pack, but I could of sworn that there were others somewhere that were better.

If anyone of you guy know what I'm talking about, a point in the right direction would help a lot!

Thanks.

PMDG put a lot of time and effort into professional recordings of the 737 so that it sounds like it should sound from the flight deck.

Why would you want to change it to something that is not realistic? They could have made it unrealistic by adding sounds that you won't hear in the cockpit but why would you want that?

If you want it to be gamey then change it, if you want it as real as it gets then leave it alone.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I know that the sounds are from a real 737. And I'm not ragging on PMDG's creation (hence why I said the default are just okay). I was just curious if there were alternate sounds of the same aircraft, but from another make. If that makes sense... 

I have a free soundset that I downloaded months ago, that is no longer available, and after decades  of flying in Boeing aircraft in real life as a passenger, I prefer it to the default NGX sounds. YMMV.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I still have a free custom sound set made by a guy here on AVSIM years ago.

I'm still using it. 

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hello Avsim! 

Thanks. 

So you want sounds that you think are better but not more realistic?

Richie Walsh

I know that the sounds are from a real 737. And I'm not ragging on PMDG's creation (hence why I said the default are just okay). I was just curious if there were alternate sounds of the same aircraft, but from another make. If that makes sense... 

I sent you a PM with a little somthing inside ;)

Fabian Fuchs  belgium-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gi

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Folks try to understand some simmers prefer cabin sounds over cockpit sounds. Although less realistic, it might enhance the game for some. Ragging on them for asking for whats available isn't appropriate IMO.

• Upvote 2

Who is ragging on them?

Your right, nobody ragged ... really. 

I just get where the OP is coming from. I assume sounds in the cabin are (albeit not much different) but different then those in the cockpit. I know the whine he is talking about, I was just on 4 737's as a passenger. In the cabin when the pilot first throttles up from idle to taxi, theres a distinct sound that happens. I can't make it out in the NGX sounds. Now clearly, it might (is probably) due to the pilots just don't hear that sound in the cockpit, but meh, it might sound cool (albeit like you said totally unrealistic if thats the case). 

Also, on higher powered takeoffs, that buzzsaw sound of the turbine blades breaking the sound barrier. I've been in flights where that sound is incredibly loud, overpowering all other noise. I don't really ever hear it in the NGX.  I assume its cause you can't hear it in the real cockpit. But again,  it might sound cool.

I

So you want it to sound like something that it's not? Or want the cockpit to sound like the passenger cabin? Why?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Your right, nobody ragged ... really. 

I just get where the OP is coming from. I assume sounds in the cabin are (albeit not much different) but different then those in the cockpit. I know the whine he is talking about, I was just on 4 737's as a passenger. In the cabin when the pilot first throttles up from idle to taxi, theres a distinct sound that happens. I can't make it out in the NGX sounds. Now clearly, it might (is probably) due to the pilots just don't hear that sound in the cockpit, but meh, it might sound cool (albeit like you said totally unrealistic if thats the case). 

Also, on higher powered takeoffs, that buzzsaw sound of the turbine blades breaking the sound barrier. I've been in flights where that sound is incredibly loud, overpowering all other noise. I don't really ever hear it in the NGX.  I assume its cause you can't hear it in the real cockpit. But again,  it might sound cool.

I

Exactly, and I get those sounds you are talking about with my sound set. Since I don't normally ride in the cockpit of a real 737, I prefer the cabin sounds.  :wink:

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I kinda get what you all are saying as far as it not being realistic apparently. But I low key prefer a little rumble or whine in the cockpit, sorry if its wrong of me to think that. 

There is a recently released sound set for the NGX from Turbine Sound Studios which does seem to be very nice from looking (hearing) at Youtube videos. However, this is payware...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT