Sign in to follow this  
OwenHewitt

Recording/Replay module: public beta released!

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Good point, John. Sometimes old skool is the best school.For example, my friend has 3 computers running SETI.A rather new AMD 2.8GHz systemA P3 (733 I think???)A VERY ancient Gateway 2000 with a Pentium 133 or some insanely slow thing.Take a wild guess which one will run, non stop month after month, rock-solid stable and error-free? That old Gateway 2000 was door-stop fodder in my mind when I first saw it, but that sucker is dependable. Slow as cold molasses on a December morning but dependable, all the same.That said, my own compy, in it's current manifestation (Windows is a living, breathing, entity and necessitates treatment as such) is stable and error free. But I don't trust it, see. And now that I've typed that, it's (she's??) going to give me some weird error any moment, I know it.P4 wanna cookie? There, goooooood compy....shhhhhhh....-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-The friction locks are causing the throttle levers to stick.Mechanic- Umm, that's what they're there for...

Guest bonjourmoi44

Matthias:I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to you for introducing this program for all of us to use and enjoy. It is not often a gem like this is released as a gift. Thank you.

Hi Ray,>Unfortunately the module appears to clash with the GoFlight>DLL (GFDev2k4.dll) as none of my GoFlight comms would work.>Neither would the gear lever. I renamed recorder.dll,>restarted FS2004 and the GoFlight modules worked as normal.that's an interesting effect :-hmmm As I don't have any GoFlight products, I can't test it myself. Drop me a mail on the support address you find at the end of the manual, so I can send you some modified versions of the module to find out, which part of the code causes the conflicts.One thing you could try in the meantime is switching of "enable replay" in the settings dialog, so the module doesn't always record data in the background, and see if this changes someting.Best regards,Matthias

>Also, if the engine isn't running, the recorder won't start>it. But it was incredible to watch all the panel gauges I've>programmed responding correctly. ;)The module already records, if the engines are running, but I couldn't start/stop them succesfully during playback yet. Hope to get it working in a future version.Regards,Matthias

Hi,>After the first install, >Settings(accepted the>default)>Record> flew to KLGB after landing >Play, it asked me>the name of the file, I entered it as a new file. It played it>back but id did not save it. Subsequent sequences brought up>the Record dialog window with choice of time intervals and>saved the sessions.Hmm, strange :-hmmm >With the light on I get a lot of flicker, similar to lights on>/ off sequence. 2D mode seems to be less susceptible to this>anomaly.Which light are you talking about, VC lighting?Regards,Matthias

Hi all,thanks for all your feedback so far.It would be nice, if those having problems with the module would send an email to the support address you can find in the manual containing the following information:-detailed description of the problem-system specs-aircraft used-installed addonsBest regards,Matthias

Hi Matthias,I'm a bit embarrassed about this. I loaded evrything up again tonight including your module and this time the GoFlight units all worked. :-hmmmIt looks like whatever it was has resolved itself. I'm sorry if I caused you any concern. I'll continue to evaluate it and report back any findings.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi.Sorry, one of those subliminal things, I am sure I know what I am saying, but clear as mud to others. Yes, the Instrument panel lights / VC panel. Very useful utility. TV>Which light are you talking about, VC lighting?

Hi Ray,>I'm a bit embarrassed about this. I loaded evrything up again>tonight including your module and this time the GoFlight units>all worked. :-hmmmThat's good news :-)>It looks like whatever it was has resolved itself. I'm sorry>if I caused you any concern. I'll continue to evaluate it and>report back any findings.Don't worry, sometimes strange things just happen :-hmmm I hope you can enjoy the module now.Regards,Matthias

Guest Eagletail

Sounds like a great utility, but is there any option of uninstalling if desired? Thanks.

Guest Coneman

I tried this last night and have to echo the positive remarks here. Excellent stuff! And the file size of the recording is remarkable small. It seems to work well with active camera also. Great job Matthias!Cheers,Todd

Mark,There are two files in the MODULES folder - RECORDER.DLL and RECORDER.INI (your preferences file).Move them to another location or delete them.Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Ozark Dogfighter

Matthias, this is an awesome program! So far not one bug/flaw not mentioned in the manual. I will still be "testing" it, because I cannot seem to fly without it :-lol, so I'll let you know if I encounter anything odd. Thank you very much Matthias, it's awesome!-Jeremy BurchThe Ozark Dogfighter http://forums.avsim.net/images/wedge.gifHappy Flying!Pilot-The friction locks are causing the throttle levers to stick.Mechanic- Umm, that's what they're there for...