Sign in to follow this  
OwenHewitt

Recording/Replay module: public beta released!

I tried this cool little tool. Works great, but is too jittery for much cinematic use. I was hoping I could fly and record, then replay and film for videos. Unfortunatetly too much shakin goin on!Maybe this is something that can be worked out later, because this is a great little addon.Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

"but is too jittery for much cinematic use."What rate are you recording at? I've been recording at a 1/4 sec. sample, and as long as I keep the playback window hidden and remember to turn off gradual transition in spot view, it appears smooth as silk. -John

Hi Matthias,First, let me commend you on your work! This is a fantastic "utility" for recording videos. It includes what I have been yearning for for a long time, animations!!! The only issue that I see so far is that after I play a recorded video, and the simulation pauses, upon pressing the "p" to get the sim going again, I notice a stutter that I normally don't have. It doesn't affect my FPS counter, but is quite noticable visually. I can clear up this stutter simply by restarting FS. I wouldn't call this a "show-stopper" bug by any means, but you wanted some feedback, and that's all that I can muster! :-)Warm regards,Owen

Guest MattNW

Just tried it for the first time and it works beautifully. Especially I liked the ability to save an instant replay. No more will some of my best landings and spur of the moment stunts go unrecorded. :DGreat job.

Hi Owen,>First, let me commend you on your work! This is a fantastic>"utility" for recording videos. It includes what I have been>yearning for for a long time, animations!!! :-)>The only issue that I see so far is that after I play a>recorded video, and the simulation pauses, upon pressing the>"p" to get the sim going again, I notice a stutter that I>normally don't have. It doesn't affect my FPS counter, but is>quite noticable visually. I can clear up this stutter simply>by restarting FS. I wouldn't call this a "show-stopper" bug>by any means, but you wanted some feedback, and that's all>that I can muster! :-)One thing you could try, is to disable replay in the settings dialog, to see, if it has something to do with the replay recording.Regards,Matthias

Usually I don't use the VC, but I just tried and couldn't reproduce the light problem you describe. :-hmmmWhat aircraft are you using?Regards,Matthias

Hello Matthias,Great !! Well done ! As I do "fly" with 2 monitors I was not convinced but it works !!!What a great tool to replay parts of a flight and to "show" some problems when they come up and to send the "saved" file to some other simmer !!

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Guest sbdwag

I can confirm that it works great with DBF's Walk and Follow also. The question is If I want to upload some saved flights. What would be the requiremsnts for someone wanting to playback these flights. Would he need the same scenery, planes, afcad ect.RegardsDennis Waggoner

Hi Dennis,I think certainly that the same aircraft would need to be used. As far as scenery (including any AFCAD .bgl files), I would think that the replay/recorded flight would appear independent of those parameters. Matthias, am I correct?Regards,Owen

Guest sbdwag

OwenGood Evening. Hope all is well with you. This recorder module is unbelieveble. Ive been watching the CS130 taking off and landing using Walk and Follow and Im really impressed both with the Recorder module and with Captain Sim's C-130. The animations on the plane are just breathtaking. Ive never seen any better model on any plane out there. And if flys beautifully.RegardsDennis Waggoner

Hi.>>What aircraft are you using?<My system: Athlon XP3200, XPhome, Ch Pro Pedals, Sidewinder Precision Pro, ATI 9700 Pro 512MB RAM, 2x160GB HD

Matthias, you were right! All works beautifully without any st..st...stutters! :-)Best,Owen

Hi Dennis, Yes sir, all is well! If I can talk the better half into letting me fork out ~$50, I'll try and get that C-130.Best,Owen

>Sounds like a great utility, but is there any option of>uninstalling if desired? Thanks.What's to "uninstall?" Simply remove the .dll module from the modules folder... ???

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator