Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

Paulo Ricardo's Rio de Janeiro and others 40% off at Simmarket

Gregg,

Paulo Ricardo is working on new refinished version of Rio de Janeiro scenery which will include optimizations to the autogen, especially in the East area (Zona Oeste) and other nice additions. I saw some preview screenshots and I can't wait for him to release it. I am in personal contact with him and I can notify you and others here as soon as it will be ready, if you want. Go for Fortaleza, Salvador and São Paulo. As far as Rio is concerned, I would suggest you to wait for the new version, which should be already in final, based on my information. 

Thanks for the heads-up, Gregg. I have TropicalSim versions for Sao Paulo and Rio, and have read great things about Ricardo's work, but am not too sure if I am justified in shelling out for the same two airports unless Ricardo's output is far superior to TropicalSim's.

Anyone owning both or either care to comment on which is better?

Thanks Gregg for the HU.  Just last week I saw his works for the first time and was impressed. Almost bought then but glad I waited. 

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Does Sao Paolo work in p3d v3? It just says fsx on the simmarket site so my guess is no

Orman

I'd be curious if anyone has tried Rio as well in P3D v3.  Tried to search for a forum but didn't find anything.

Thanks

They should call it the Zika virus Sale. :wink: Not even the Olympians want to fly to Rio this year for the Olympics.

Thanks for the heads-up, Gregg. I have TropicalSim versions for Sao Paulo and Rio, and have read great things about Ricardo's work, but am not too sure if I am justified in shelling out for the same two airports unless Ricardo's output is far superior to TropicalSim's.

Anyone owning both or either care to comment on which is better?

Rick, I highly recommend Paulo's Sao Paulo and Rio packages. They are much, much more than just the airports of Sao Paulo and Rio. They encompass the whole cities with all the high rise building and photoscenery with night textures. Also the current Sao Paulo package also utilizes the Orbx night lights if your running FTX Global. The best part is that all the added building and autogen don't seem to cost any FPS or VAS issues.

In addition, you can disable the airports he includes and use the TropicalSim airports on top of his scenery. Then you get the detailed airports and all his buildings and photoreal coverage.

If you've been to or seen and video of Sao Paulo, you'll see hundreds of high rise building, they are all included in the package and don't pop up into view like normal autogen.

You should watch his youtube videos of Sao Paulo and Rio to see how it looks. It completely transforms the two cities.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Rio works in P3D. I don't know about the installer, i just copied it from FSX a long time ago when i first installed P3D.

I've been there recently with 3.3.5 and everything was fine.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Thanks for that feedback, Sean, but after waiting for someone to reply to my poser, I feel I may have missed the boat with that sale. If not, I'll definitely follow your recommendations, as I feel you have a great insight on Brazilian add-ons.

Thanks for that feedback, Sean, but after waiting for someone to reply to my poser, I feel I may have missed the boat with that sale. If not, I'll definitely follow your recommendations, as I feel you have a great insight on Brazilian add-ons.

Rick, the sale is still on until July 7th. I'm actually going to pick his Salvador and Fortaleza packages while they are still one sale since I already have his Rio and Sao Paulo.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks, Sean for that heads-up. I just hope by then, the £ picks up a few cents.

Can't decide which to get, I have a limited budget. Which are the "must-have" ones from Paulo Ricardo?

Cheers!/Andreas