Sign in to follow this  
teopereira

Vintage airliners?

After the DC-6, does PMDG plan to launch other vintage aircrafts in the coming years? My ideas are the B727 and the B737-200... I think it would be great to have a jet airliner directly from the 70's... Lots of speed, but no digital instruments, sometimes not even INS available, and lot's of failures to happen...

Hey Teo, 

I do not believe PMDG has intentions to continue along the lines of retro aircraft the DC-6. They made it primarily to aid their transition into X-Plane. Modelling such an aircraft with not much system integration etc was a huge advantage on their part. 

I am speaking from personal opinion, but X-Plane 10 has a really well modeled 727 and 732 Twin Jet from FlyJSim. Both of these airliners are fantastic additions to the simulator. IXEG's 733 is also a step up in terms of system integration from the era of the Twin Jet and the 727, but definitely still a notch below what you'd expect from aircraft such as the NG lineup.  

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

both airlines are already available by others... both are even in production by another vendor.

both airlines are already available by others... both are even in production by another vendor.

For Prepar3d, there is no B727 or B737-200 that comes even close to the level and quality of PMDG...

For Prepar3d, there is no B727 or B737-200 that comes even close to the level and quality of PMDG...

Coincidentally as we speak FlyJSim just released a video promoting their 727 'v2' which will be available next week for purchase. 

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

There are already enough 737's etc out there. So if PMDG were to consider modelling another classic aircraft it would be better for them to do one that hasn't been modelled much. The current holder of the fastest transatlantic sub-sonic crossing would be a good candidate :-)

• Upvote 1

Milviz has a great 737-200 which has a P3D v3 installer and Captain Sim (I know it's not in the same league as PMDG) has a 707, 727 and 737. I have all three working fine in P3D v2.5, I don't have P3D v3, so I don't know, whether they work there

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I always wanted PMDG to do a 707. Fast, beautiful with 4 screaming turbojets! I'd love to hear the sound package for that one.