Sign in to follow this  
Guest garymccl

(pics)Texture problem? (ASVe or PMDG maybe?)

Guest garymccl

Hi.To be honest, I'm not sure if this really is a problem, but lately I've been noticing that at certain times of the day, I can't see my aircraft. It looks odd when you're on the tarmac at LHR, loads of floodlights, and the aircraft is just black. Anyway - I've flown down to Singapore, it's 8Pm, and look at the attached picture. Surely this can't be right? Now - large parts of the airport are just black, and the AI aircraft, as well as mine are just black.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/130760.jpgI'm sure this didn't happen before. The only think I've done recently is to install ASV enhanced, but I'm not sure what effect that would have on my textures for the aircraft (PMDGs 747), the AI aircraft and the default textures for the airport. Can anyone help? Is there something corrupted on my installation?Thanks in advance.Gary

Guest garymccl

I'm not ure why it was doing it - but I've decided to re-build my machine. It needed it anyway.One thing I had done was enable DXT on the textures in the ASV options a few days ago. I have been using ASV for a while with no problems, but the other day I decided to give this a go. I'm not sure if that would have caused these issues? I though it would only change my cloud textures?In any case, my PMDG 747 is black - along with my AI aircraft. I can't imagine any options in ASV having an effect on that?Hopefully the rebuild will help things along.Gary

Guest garymccl

Yes I did. What exactly does that do? Will that cause DXT textures to not display correctly?My PMDG BA paint was the DXT version as well.Gary