Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

need help fsx gold edition does not open,

been simming for many years and this never ever happeneded. I am running on windows 7 FSX Gold Edition, I clicked on the icon on the desktop running as administrator and then  out of no where I get the message, Microsoft Flight Simulator has stropped working correctly..

I was flying yesterday with no problems  I tried a system restore that did not help, need suugestions , Please, Please. Just to let you folks know I did no changes to the computer either. Thanks,

Ronny

Does it get past the splash screen before it gives that message?  Have you checked your Events Log to see if

you have any faulting modules?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

get the error message as soon as the blue splash screen appears, about 2 seconds. all the years and this has never ever happened to me, I even just took out the fsx cfg file and the same thing occurs.

faulting modules it said  faulting module path: G:\FSX\ui.dll  What does this mean or how do I fix this,  thanks, Ronny

I think you are also a member over at this site.  This thread may help!  http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?299355-FSX-UI-dll-crashes&p=1981134#post1981134

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Just a side note.

There is no such FSX version as the Gold Edition.  The Gold Edition is only a marketing package which contains both FSX Deluxe and FSX Acceleration and the user must decide whether to install one or the other.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

still having pproblems this is really frustrating. thanks Ronny

You may wish to check out the AVSIM FSX/P3D CTD Guide (found on the right side of most AVSIM pages).  I believe it addresses the UI.DLL error.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

really need help getting faulty module, in event viewer G:\FSX\ui.dll  also looked at avsim CTD Guide for FSX tried many thing and still getting the problem, need help please!!!

Did you install or do you have one of the uiautomationcore.dll files in your Main FSX Folder?

Charlie Aron

have version 6 0 5840 16386 been using this for at least 3 years,  the problem in the event viewer says faulty module G:\FSX\ui.dll and faulty application path G:\FSX\fsx.exe, Tried system restore, deleted my cfg file took out scenery cfg file, put the exe.xml and dll.xml into temporary folders, deleted a couple of addons that I added yesterday on 6/17, talking about plains from avsim library, and still no luck.

for year I have been flying never had a problem like this, any other suggestions. I really don't want to uninstall have too many addon progams like rex gex etc etc.

Whenever you get a crash at startup, immediately suspect the dll.xml as all of the modules in the dll.xml are loaded at startup before you get to the setup screen.  So, move your dll.xml to a temporary folder and try again.

• Upvote 1

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Go to your Documents folder/Flight simulator X ,, rename your logbook.bin to logbook.bin.OLD    and see if FSX will load then ,,, it is a known issue that the log book bin gets corrupted FSX wont load

if it loads you have a corrupt logbook bin ,,, at this point all you can do is delete the old bin and let fsx build a new one, NOTE you will loose all you logged flight time and so on

I had you name it to .OLD because if FSX does not load you can remove .OLD and you will have all your flight time back

Let me know if this helps

Also if you put the UIAutomation Core dll in, remove it and see what happens

Jim I took out the dll.xml module put it in temporary folder still no luck. Ace High have windows 7 and could not find the file logbook. bin file went to documents folder/FSX/ all my flights but saw no file called logbook.bin file.

also took out UIAutomation Core version 6 0 5840 16386 and still no luck. but where could not find file named logbook.bin, just named fsx and saw all my flights. need HELP please. I luv this sim, and really frustrated.

It is in MY DOCUMENTS/Flight Simulator X files folder.   Make sure all of the files in that folder are arranged alphabetically.

You are looking for Logbook.bin. 

logbook.jpg

Charlie Aron