Sign in to follow this  
rsperge

need help fsx gold edition does not open,

see what Charliearon posted

I apologize I wrote documents folder ,, win 10 that is what it is ,,, as Charliearon posted and shown above , it is My Documents Flight Simulator X

Keep us updated 

Thank You  

Did you try the obvious first and reboot your computer first?  If it still does not fire up then just do a repair to FSX.

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

Doing a Repair is not going to correct the problem if it is the logbook bin

and my experience with the repair has not been good , especially if you have addons like UTX   

Well I did find the Logbook.BIN I renamed it rebooted computer, no luck, then I took it out, rebooted computer again, still no luck, then I opened it up and it said the following this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.  Please install a program, or if one is already installed create an association, in the default programs control panel. I have all my flights from 2012, to 6-16-2016, and this all strted the problem the next day.

I also defragged drive, ran my anti virus, used CC Cleaner, running out of options. More suggestions please. I have had problems before but always fixed them, oh yeah got the new fs dreamteam addon manager.   need help,  really appreciate everybody trying to help me!!!

Go to your documents folder on the C drive open Flight Simulator Folder, copy all the entries and store elsewhere, then delete all in the folder. reboot FSX.  Just say OK when it ask's cannot fined 

James (jaydor)

"Let me X-Plane where I fly in 2020"

even if you got the log book bin opened , it would not of done you any good it is written in computer language,

have you tried removing the FSX CFG and let FSX build a new one ????

did this problem occur after you installed fs dreamteam and all their garbage addon manager ,, Not a Fan of the Cotail/addon manger ????

you have FSX on your G drive early you mention" path G FSX UI dll " What that is telling me is that the problem is the UI dll ,,,,

It is the User Interface dll UI dll ,,, not the Automationcore UI dll do you have a back up copy of FSX any where ???? if so go to that back up copy and copy the UI dll then paste it in to your active copy of FSX ,,

your UI dll got corrupted some how ,,, Unless you can get a new copy of the UI dll ,,, you might have to try a FSX repair,, but as I mention earlier, I have not ever had good luck with it, and ended up doing a clean install of FSX , which is much more then uninstalling ,, the reg needs to be cleaned too, because the uninstaller for FSX does not remove the Registry entries

I have a clean install of FSX Acceleration backup on my storage Drive ,,, if you want I can email the ui dll and you can give it a try and see if your FSX will load up then

when I say clean install ,,, I mean when I first installed FSX Accel , I made a copy of it onto my storage drive

let me know I have no problem sending you a copy of my UI dll

I seriously doubt it is the logbook.bin but there is a file in our Library called the FSX Logbook Recovery and it will open up your logbook and make sure it is not corrupted and fix it if it finds a problem.

There is only one other probable cause of FSX not starting up and that's if you have any of the FSDT or FlightBeam stuff installed.  The fix is to reinstall the latest Standalone AddonManager from FSDT.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

going to take a rest for now watch playoffs nba but AceHigh definitely send it to me and please give me instructions, my e-mail is in my profile.

Jim as far as FSDT I have the newest addonManager version 3.0.0.14, tomorrow I will uninstall, reboot, and install again, I have quite of few of their airports.  I did install it before the crash, so you never know that was on 6/17.

Jim I will also check out about the fsx logbook recovery.

Once again I thanks you guys so much.

Ronny

So let me see if I understand, every thing was fine then you installed FSDT airport then you started getting the CTD (crash to desktop)  or you had the FSDT airports and addon manger installed for a while and just out of the blue you got the CTD,,, if you had FSDT and addon manger installed for a while and just out of the blue got the CTD and the error reads G FSX UI.dll then I would suspect a corrupt UI.dll,,, if you installed FSDT and addon manger then started getting the CTD , then I would suspect the FSDT and addon manger causing the issue

1.  if you installed the FSDT airport and Addon manger then got the CTD ,,, you should uninstall FSDT and the addon manger Reboot the PC and fire up FSX

2. if you still get the CDT and it is still related to the UI dll, then I would suspect a Corrupt UI dll

back to number one , when ever you install a addon and FSX starts to act up or CTD ,, the first thing you should do is uninstall that addon reboot pc and Fire up FSX and see what happens

back to the log book bin   if you renamed the logbook bin to .OLD as I mention earlier and FSX did not boot up , then it is more than likely not a corrupt logbook bin

still having problems with fsx, installed the newest fs dreamteam addon manager version 3.0.0.14. rebooted still no luck. Also tried the FSX logbook recovery and saw all of my flights, followed all instructions still no luck.

AceHigh I have had the fs dreamteam airports along with the addon manager for quite a while and have many of their airports,  when this happened a couple of days ago I added a couple of planes from the Avsim library, but deleted any new addons. I also did the other things that you mentioned about the logbook .bin and renaming.

Still getting the same eroors in the event viewer faulty application path G:\FSX\fsx.exe and faulty module path G\FSX\ui.dll. and AceHigh I used the one you sent me.  really thought it would work.

I have FSX Gold Edition with Acceleration.

this is unbelievable, any more suggestions please with windows 7.

anymore suggestions would appreciate, you guys have been great, but this this is so frustrating!!! thanks, Ronny

Just to add  my 2  cents  in here  read  that  in another post  could  be  wrong  is  that  some  one downloaded  a  plane  from avsim  and  one of  the gauges  was  causing his  issues   that fsx  wasn't  starting,  not  saying  this  is  your  issue  since  you ,mentioned  you have  downloaded  planes  from avsim and  now  having  this  issue, it either this or the fsdt which is causing your isse take it you have posted this issue at the fsdt forum sure that Virturil can solve it for you some times he will do a team viewer help as well if you ask nicely:)

just noticed some one just posted on the fsdt forum with a similar issue and he just installed the latest asn update?

http://www.avsim.com/topic/486700-gpws-soundgau-causes-ctd-in-some-freeware-aircraft/

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

another post could be wrong is that some one downloaded a plane from avsim and one of the gauges was causing his issues that fsx wasn't starting,

A good suggestion but this is why I suggested moving the dll.xml to a temporary folder as modules, like gauges are loaded at startup.  He had no joy. 

He had no joy reinstalling the standalone addon manager too. 

I do know for a fact that if the OP does not have the required Microsoft Visual 2005 w/SP1, the sim will not start up.  The sim will also have issue running properly without Microsoft.net 1.1 or 2.0.  The OP should check the AVSIM CTD Guide for links to the required files and for more information.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10