Sign in to follow this  
Guest P3_Super_Bee

Airliners.net

Hi all, are there more people out there besides me that only get little red "x" on all the photos at Airliners.net? Are they have issues at the moment?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Works just fine for me! I'm not a subscriber so I can't get the "fit screen" option but other than that no problems. Cheers,Roger

Well it worked before here at work, but they pushed internet explorer 6.0 on all the machines, and now when I go to airliners.net, all the photos have small "x" on it...Is there a certin setting that I have to set in IE6.0?Thanks,Bill

Asus Tuf Gaming Plus B550 - Asus Ryzen 9 5800X3D - Asus GeForce 4080 RTX OC Edition - 64GB DDR4 Ram 3600Mhz - EVGA 850W Power Supply - 2X 1 TB NVME PCIE gen 4 - Windows 10

Guest glnflwrs

Bill, In Internet Explorer open the Tools drop down and click Internet Options. Click the Advanced tab then scroll down to Multimedia. Make sure the Show Pictures is checked. Glenn"If God would have wanted man to fly He would have given him more money"

Guest P3_Super_Bee

>Bill,> In Internet Explorer open the Tools drop down and click>Internet Options. Click the Advanced tab then scroll down to>Multimedia. Make sure the Show Pictures is checked. >Glenn>>"If God would have wanted man to fly He would have given him>more money"No Joy. Airliners only does this to me at work. And it is ONLY airliners no other sites I have come across. The weird thing is ONLY the "medium View" and "Large View" do this. The pics on the front page and the little ones that are on the search page are viewable. The techies are looking into it at work. They can't figure it out. And no the site is NOT blocked.

:-outta

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown
"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

Guest celtxx

I have the exact same problem and again it only happens in work. There have been a lot of efforts in work to restrict the sending of emails with JPEGS in them so maybe this might have something to do with it? Doubt it though. It's very annoying!Regards,Richard

Guest metamarty

Did anyone try the firefox browser? I believe it has it's own jpeg rendering engine, so if firefox won't show the images, at least you're sure that there's a proxy server blocking them, and it's not your local software.

I had the same problem too. I went into tools--internet options--advanced. Scolled down near the bottom and put a tick in the Use TLS 1.0 box. and got the pictures. Worth a try.Russell.

Guest P3_Super_Bee

>I had the same problem too. I went into tools--internet>options--advanced. Scolled down near the bottom and put a tick>in the Use TLS 1.0 box. and got the pictures. Worth a try.>Russell.Now that's weird one, I don't habe it checked here at home no problems. Not sure at work, Though did notice at work today I'm back in business, will have to check into what they did to fix, if anything, :-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/i...nature_01sm.jpgThere is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown

"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child

Yes Jeff,weird indeed. I'd only been able to get the red x's for over a week and had tried everything. The other day I ticked the TLS box, went back to the site, and the pictures were there, so assumed that was the answer. On reading your post I unchecked the box and I can still get the pictures, so, I'm puzzled as to what happened.Russell.

Guest P3_Super_Bee

Must have been a network LAN thing at work. Recieved an email today from the techies, asking me for more info on the problem, but it has been fixed for a couple of days.... Weird indeed... LOL:-outtahttp://publish.hometown.aol.com/p3superb/i...nature_01sm.jpgThere is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child