Sign in to follow this  
Kennair

MCE in a home cockpit

Just purchased MCE after some extensive testing and I must say I'm loving it.  I also use RC4 for offline flying and although RC4 fails to respond quite often, I'm sure this is a foible of RC4 rather than MCE, I also suffer this on occasion using keyboard responses.  Never the less having MCE as a co-pilot so I can run through flows and checklists is brilliant and being able to "talk" to RC4 seals the deal for me.

I fly a single seat hardware home cockpit and am also a crew member for the Perth Worldflight team flying a full B737-800 where all flights are done with two crew so being able to practice CRM at home is a real boon, and the responses from MCE are exactly like that of our WF co-pilots when using the PMDG checklists.  My question relates to operations when flying with hardware panels.  What is the correct MCE setting if I want to have full checklist interaction but don't want him to operate any FS panel switches like landing lights etc?  It seems he doesn't recognise when I flip a hardware switch, and I suspect his interactions actually interfere with the hardware selections.

Thanks for a great program,

Ken.

No status check, or something to that effect at the bottom right corner of the checklist tab will have the do accept your response without changing anything switch positions.

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

One can adapt each checklist item in Notepad by appending //n to the end of the item, as follows:

//1 Captain actions & replies (must use exact response)

//2 FO actions & replies

//3 Both FO and Captain check & reply

//4 Flight Engineer actions & replies

//5 Captain and Flight Engineer check & reply

//6 FO and FE check & reply

//7 Everybody replies

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV3373