Sign in to follow this  
Evolutions

P3D V3.3 PTA and Ultimate Realism Pack Black Screen

Hello Everyone!

This is my first time posting on here so I am sorry if this is in the wrong area. I have recently updated to version 3.3 for P3D and I was going to use the new PTA tool with the Ultimate Realism Pack. The instructions said to make a backup of the Texture folder and ShadersHLSL folder of which I didn't do. I think this is the main problem as that I cannot see anything in the sim besides a couple trees and lights. I can still here sound however which seems weird to me. I've tried deleting the cfg, the shader file, and tried to repair p3d. I'm just about out of ideas except reinstalling everything. Is there any other alternatives to this?

I'm providing links to what my sim look like in the options part and in  the sim.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2ynsbhv&s=9#.V2S29NDIaJY

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=m75oci&s=9#.V2S3ddDIaJY

Thanks,

Keyton

delete prepar3d.cfg file

delete shaders folder - NOT ShadersHLSL - C:\users\<you>\Appdata\Roaming\LockheedMartin\Prepar3dv3\Shaders

reboot and restsrt

if that doesn't work - reinstall -  and BACKUP before you do anything else.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

delete shaders folder - NOT ShadersHLSL - C:\users\\Appdata\Roaming\LockheedMartin\Prepar3dv3\Shaders

ok so something weird, I deleted it and looked back in that file but it isn't recreating itself. Shouldn't it be doing that?

Keyton

I had a similar issue. I fixed it by deleting the ShadersHLSL folder in the P3D main directory (backup first, just in case), deleting the Shaders folder (as above) and then I reinstalled the P3D 3.35 Content and Client installers.

Hope this helps...

I had a similar issue. I fixed it by deleting the ShadersHLSL folder in the P3D main directory (backup first, just in case), deleting the Shaders folder (as above) and then I reinstalled the P3D 3.35 Content and Client installers.

Hope this helps...

ok I deleted (and backed up) the ShadersHLSL folder. When I go to reinstall the Content.msi and Client.msi which I am guessing is the ones you are talking about, it says that the ShadersHLSL folder is missing error.

no - not the way to do it. For future reference - ONLY delete the shaders folder NOT the ShadersHLSL - those do NOT get rebuilt.

Now - UNINSTALL P3D client and content - then reinstall client and content. That will restore everything. If you cannot UNinstall - restore the HLSL folder you backed up and then try uninistall again.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

It will come up black for a couple of seconds, maybe 10 but the it should clear,  Did you give it time for the Shaders to Re-Build? 

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.