Sign in to follow this  
Stefan888

Decision over which a/c to buy

Hello i need an advice.Schould I wait for 747 or to buy 777 which one of these products is going to be suppirior over the other?Cant decide please help.

Stefan Djordjevic

The 747 product will be at least 3 years newer than the 777 when it is released.   So, knowing PMDG (who push the envelope with every new release), I am sure that will be reflected.

But the 777 is still a brilliant, class-leading airliner. Beautifully immersive. 

I think it probably comes down to;-

1). Which aircraft you have a preference for

2). Whether you're patient, and can wait for the 747 (I'm not!).

:smile:

Bill Last

• Upvote 3

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

which one of these products is going to be suppirior over the other?

What Bill said, there will be evolutionary changes in any new product but the 777 is a long way from being "dated" and still represents one of the best full study simulations IMHO.  Either way, I think you are going to want both in your hanger.

Dan Downs KCRP

Only one is available so if you want a aircraft now it's the 777. Could be months before the 744v2 is available.

Richie Walsh

This would really depend on what you like flying. If you're into flying long haul flights, then go for the PMDG 777 or wait for the upcoming 747-400 V2. If you fly mostly short haul flights, then go for the PMDG 737NGX. I own the 737NG, 777, and the 747. My personal favorite is the 777. I had first had experience with this aircraft a lot in full flight simulators and the actual aircraft. The 777 is my favorite out of them. She's really elegant in the air. Again, it really depends on your taste on the type of airliners that you like flying.  

Isn't that kind of like asking if you should have sour cream OR butter on your baked potato?

• Upvote 1

Why not both!! LOL Seriously though, it really comes down to what you want, the 777 is an amazing add-on and I'm loving every second of it. Personally I plan on hitting the "Buy now" button as soon as the 747 is released and adding that to my hanger as well. When it comes to PMDG you cant go wrong. I have the NGX, 777 and DC6 and love all three!

I'm another 777 fan. Can't fault it. AT ALL. Even after moving to P3D I'm considering repurchasing it and getting rid of FSX completely. It's that good.

But it's up to you. I suppose the biggest difference between the 2 aircraft (apart from the obvious visual differences) is that the 747 isn't a fly-by-wire aircraft. Also, the 747 (in real life) is a much older aircraft than the relatively new 777. Obviously this won't matter from a simming point of view, but if you want to stay modern, the 777 is definitely the way to go.

And then there's the whole waiting thing......

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Neal McCullough