Sign in to follow this  
19AB67

What first: DC-6 FSX or 747?

Hi folks, 

I know that PMDG never communicates release dates, but what will be earlier: 

- Porting the DC-6 to FSX (how big is the task?)

- Finishing the 747? 

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

Based on the fact that we are getting constant updates on the 747 and it appears close to beta, and that we haven't heard anything about the DC-6 other than 'it's coming eventually', I'd say the 747 will be first. 

I seriously doubt the 747 will be released this year... So not holding my breath!!

Pablo Vazquez - Flight Attendant - Major US Airline

(P3D v4.3, PMDG 744v3, PMDG 748, PMDG 777, PMDG 737 NGX, QualityWings 787, Captain Sim 757, Aerosoft Airbus Professional and FSLabs A320x)

1hxz6d.jpg

Based on the fact that we are getting constant updates on the 747 and it appears close to beta, and that we haven't heard anything about the DC-6 other than 'it's coming eventually', I'd say the 747 will be first. 

Yeah, but may Kyle can give us a hint on the task of porting a DC-6 from X-Plane 10 to FSX. 

Andreas Berg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

I'd wager 747 comes first by a long shot.

The whole point of the DC-6 project in the first place, beyond just cutting their teeth on a new platform, is to figure out the X-Plane <-> FSX porting process, and it sounds like they'll be developing a native FSX project and flipping it to X-Plane for comparison's sake at some point.

I don't expect the FSX DC-6 any time in the immediate future. I could be totally wrong, but from what I do know about FSX, and software development in general, I imagine that it's somewhat straightforward porting the graphical side of the plane (probably don't need to completely remake textures, etc.), but I think it could really be a bear porting the flight dynamics from one sim engine to a totally different engine - from what I know of the X-Plane engine, it seems getting the flight dynamics into FSX might involve almost starting from scratch. The "good" news is that so many elements of PMDG products work so far outside of the scope of FSX itself that I imagine that modeling systems in one platform or another isn't too terribly different.

I seriously doubt the 747 will be released this year... So not holding my breath!!

My gut tells me sometime this fall... but that might just be my reflux talking.

Still no indication from Kyle... Are you on holiday?  :smile:

Andreas Berg

DC-6 or 747 for Aerofly v2.....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Still no indication from Kyle... Are you on holiday?  :smile:

Nope. A casual look at just about any other active thread on here would suggest otherwise.

I just don't give release dates or hints because we don't give release dates.

Kyle Rodgers

I just don't give release dates or hints because we don't give release dates.

I know. 

Therefore I asked for the task on how to port DC-6 from X-Plane to FSX. 

Andreas Berg