Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

for those having issues with the new ftx v2 migration

JV  has  just started  a thread   in the general  section of the ftx  forum

quoted from the thread itself from jv

We need to know if you have any third party (non Orbx) addons installed that are landclass related, such as:

UTX

Scotflight

Any other landclass product

or

As I said above, if disabling any non-Orbx products in the scenery library fixes the issues, please list them here also. One common way to debug problems is to disable ALL non-Orbx scenery in the scenery library, do a check flight in the problem area, then re-enable each non-Orbx scenery one by one and re-test the problem area

So you need to go to the ftx forum and post your issues, also I noticed there were some fixes that seemed to work for some users and not others

• Upvote 1

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I disabled all my UTX products...and it made no difference whatsoever.

What a monumental screw-up!

I could kick myself, to have not sat in the bush, and watched the fall-out if any. This taught me an enormous lesson...DO NOT FIRST ADOPT ANYTHING.....even if from Orbx!

I have a back up...but what a pain....and I will have to figure out what I added since the system back up.  

Never again....

Did  you  post  this in the ftx  forum at all,  the more that post  the faster  they  will find  the  fix  for  it

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Did  you  post  this in the ftx  forum at all,  the more that post  the faster  they  will find  the  fix  for  it

Yes, Pete.

This helped me a bit - might want to try it as stated by Ben at FTX

P3D **********************

• Hi all,

If you're experiencing blurry textures, please try deleting the contents of the following directories (of course, replace "Prepar3D v3" with your applicable simulator):

• %programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SceneryIndexes
    • %localappdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders
    •  

FSX **********************

• %programdata%\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
    • %localappdata%\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders

Rich Sennett

This helped me a bit - might want to try it as stated by Ben at FTX

P3D **********************

• Hi all,

If you're experiencing blurry textures, please try deleting the contents of the following directories (of course, replace "Prepar3D v3" with your applicable simulator):

• %programdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\SceneryIndexes
    • %localappdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders
    •  

FSX **********************

• %programdata%\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
    • %localappdata%\Microsoft\FSX\Shaders

Or Rich, go right back to Central v2.0...I now have beautiful pre-unified LClookup, FSX and P3D!   Glad to go back to setting the region before flying. Everything is now once more, crystal clear,  full autogen, proper landclass everywhere...UTX runs once more flawlessly. I can't speak for you...but I have unchecked Central updates...and am running the Lib Lib version before the one holding the migration catastrophe....  Very happy now...and am enjoying P3D and FSX once more...\

Users can't simply imagine how screwed up their FSX and P3D installations are unless they can A/B with having gone back to pre-migration...such as this shot out of KORS/North America Region...clean, clear...and proper landmasses and shorelines.  Everything is back to normal....  Thank gawd, I made a system back-up two weeks before the Central and Lib's update came out. I only had to use my Restore feature in W7 Ultimate, and it only took 15 minutes for the routine to see what had changed on my system...(the orbx files and structures) and overwrite them back to what they were two weeks before I migrated. 15 minutes, and back to great simming, once more...

2016_6_19_18_8_2_471.png

Or Rich, go right back to Central v2.0...I now have beautiful pre-unified LClookup, FSX and P3D!   Glad to go back to setting the region before flying. Everything is now once more, crystal clear,  full autogen, proper landclass everywhere...UTX runs once more flawlessly. I can't speak for you...but I have unchecked Central updates...and am running the Lib Lib version before the one holding the migration catastrophe....  Very happy now...and am enjoying P3D and FSX once more...\

Users can't simply imagine how screwed up their FSX and P3D installations are unless they can A/B with having gone back to pre-migration...such as this shot out of KORS/North America Region...clean, clear...and proper landmasses and shorelines.  Everything is back to normal....  Thank gawd, I made a system back-up two weeks before the Central and Lib's update came out. I only had to use my Restore feature in W7 Ultimate, and it only took 15 minutes for the routine to see what had changed on my system...(the orbx files and structures) and overwrite them back to what they were two weeks before I migrated. 15 minutes, and back to great simming, once more...

2016_6_19_18_8_2_471.png

Shame, I did not made a system back-up...I just have some Windows restore points. Do you know if I restore my computer to a previous date on the update of FTX Central, if will I come back to the old system (choice of regions, Europe, NA and so...) ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

"Analysis of support posts indicate about a dozen customers having problems and they are posting frequently about their attempts to debug and provide feedback to us."

Posted today by JV.  Honestly you cant make this stuff up there are 3 of us alone right here that are affected. Thank god Im not heavily vested in their products. Im sticking with Photo real from now on. cheaper and better FPS 

ZORAN

Shame, I did not made a system back-up...I just have some Windows restore points. Do you know if I restore my computer to a previous date on the update of FTX Central, if will I come back to the old system (choice of regions, Europe, NA and so...) ?

Thank you.

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard, no you would need to restore FSX as well since central resides there, unless they are both on the same drive that windows resides on

If your sim is on the same drive as windows then it should work

ZORAN

Richard, no you would need to restore FSX as well since central resides there, unless they are both on the same drive that windows resides on

If your sim is on the same drive as windows then it should work

Thanks for your answer. I'm afraid not. W7U64 on C:, Fsx Accel on D:FSX

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

This is exactly why I am never an early adopter when it comes to new software. I'd rather wait until all the bugs are worked out before having to go through the hassle myself. Same reason I haven't gone to P3D yet. Although I'm glad it's being constantly developed I don't have the time or patience to keep installing update and then waiting to see what works and what doesn't work and then waiting for more updates to fix the updates.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Users can't simply imagine how screwed up their FSX and P3D installations are unless they can A/B with having gone back to pre-migration...

i don't need to imagine it as it looks pretty much exactly the same on my system. other than spotting a couple wrong textures in the middle of nowhere in the desert in the southwest USA i would never have known anything changed.

sorry to the folks who have problems though. i think orbx should have released this as an opt-in "beta" so they could shake out more of the bugs before making it a standard update. and of course they should have waited until their server infrastructure was migrated and everybody was back from vacation lol. dunno what they were thinking with that one.

Posted today by JV.  Honestly you cant make this stuff up there are 3 of us alone right here that are affected. Thank god Im not heavily vested in their products. Im sticking with Photo real from now on. cheaper and better FPS 

i think he posted that dozen number last week i'm pretty sure they know it's affecting more people now. or maybe it isn't! none of us has access to their support logs. the apoplectic response by a few people who acted like orbx destroyed their lives doesn't necessarily mean it's really that serious or widespread of a problem. nobody runs to the forums to post about how it worked just fine. well, i guess i'm doing that now heh.

as for other options, photoreal can look really good sometimes but it's also completely flat with no autogen, no seasons, and often poorly color-matched, not to mention the huge space requirements if you want more than a small area, so it's definitely an acquired taste with its own set of pros and cons.

cheers!

-andy crosby

"i think he posted that dozen number last week i'm pretty sure they know it's affecting more people now."

Nope its 100 % stamped yesterday because it was a reply to my post that I sent..yesterday  :smile: 

Im mostly in jets these days so high resolution photoreal ultra res citys looks great coming to land and ORBX global/vector for the rest

ZORAN

What a monumental screw-up!

I could kick myself, to have not sat in the bush, and watched the fall-out if any. This taught me an enormous lesson...DO NOT FIRST ADOPT ANYTHING.....even if from Orbx!

I have a back up...but what a pain....and I will have to figure out what I added since the system back up.

Never again....

For some reason they locked your thread on their forum.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator