Sign in to follow this  
castarr

FSX-Steam Users "Are you enjoying the performance?"

For all the Steam users...may I ask if you are enjoying STEAM and what PC you have to make it enjoyable?  

I have a Gateway:

I3-3220 Dual Core 

6GB DDR3 Memory

Intel HD Graphics:w/HDMI cable to monitor

1TB Hard Drive

I have tried multiple times to use FSX-SE based on it's minimum pc requirements; however, was not able to enjoy a ["fluid" experience with MY current pc]*...I sought all the tips/tricks to get it going but as i added sceneries..FSDT for starters..with NO traffic and one lonely plane at the airport..the FPS...was horrific....

I am not scolding Dovetail or developers...it's a great product...i'm sure..for pc's other than mine..

*[Fluid Experience:=How i long for the day...to fly FSX or FSX-SE or PD3 with smooth FPS with no noticeable studders...CAN I GET THERE-SIMMER FAMILY?

Respectfully,

Chris

Not really sure what you're trying to find out... The version available on steam is essentially the same with a few more optimizations.

Having said that, it is not magic.., there is no way in the world you will have a great experience with thos "HD graphics" which is just onboard, unkess you buy a dedicated video card. And the cpu you have also doesn't help.

Hey Castar,

If Your Processor Speed is greater than 3ghz, You should be OK. You should have 8gb Ram, for a reasonable Experience, and You should have a Dedicated Video Card, GT 660, of better. I would consider all these to be a Minimum Requirement, for a Basic Experience with FSX, and Be able to move Your Sliders More Right, and Still Maintain a Reasonable FPS ( 15 to 30FPS ), Neither the 2gb Ram or the Video Card Upgrade are a Massive Expense, and should Allow You to Hop in and do some Serious Puddle Jumping !!, Remember that the Idea is NOT to Break the Bank, and Still Have FUN !!

Johnman B)

• Upvote 1

I agree with Johnman, and have personal experience with this.  I member of my group ran FSX (and flew Shared Cockpit) with a single core processor running at 2.6Ghz in both the Aerosoft Airbus and Majestic Dash 8.  Not just one flight, he did this for months.  Of course his FSX graphics were turned way down and we really tuned his system.

Where you're system is concerned, it's all going to boil down to the FSX graphics settings. Sure, some tweaks may help a bit, but so long as you're willing to reduce your FSX settings you'll be able to run FSX.  Of course you won't see the higher fidelity enjoyed by those who have more powerful processors, but if you are not yet ready to update your system then you can do this.

Hope his has been helpful to you.

Best wishes.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Great comments and tips...and you all reaffirmed..that my current system..may need upgrading..and I agree..the 3.3ghz I have runs the FSX Deluxe\Acceleration version fairly well..(always could be better)

..it's the FSX-SE that I was hoping to get at least the same..one item that DaveCT2003 mentioned were the FSX-SE graphics settings...I attempted to mock...the FSX Deluxe\Acceleration 

with same settings..but may have asked my PC too much to try and duplicate...I could lower those and see what it does...BUT...i need to start to pick up those "aluminum cans" on the side of the road

to go into my NEW PC FUND...(grinning a bit). 

Thanks for the upfront tips...I'm hoping to try FSX-SE again...and Prepar3D also looks like a "Neato Mosquito!' but that's later...

Respectfully,

Chris

Hey Gastar,

I'd like to add that FSX Booster did a real nice job in the Tweaks area, I picked up a 20 to 30% increase in FPS, for like $10 !

Johnman B)

FSX:SE is slightly optimized and as such should run a bit better than FSX.  I was very pleased when I made the switch (I use FSX:SE and P3D for testing software).

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

More great input....I am honored...for the feedback....we learn as we go!  I see these "youtube" videos..of almost flawless...FPS with a FSX or FSX-SE or P3D...and tell myself...thats where i want to be! lol!

Regards,

Chris