Sign in to follow this  
Guest panda234

Can't get Twin Towers to display

Guest n2asa

I have tried the new york scenery mod files that are supposed to improve the world financial center and add teh Twin Towers back. I after loading, I turned scenery complexity all the way up. I think I see the improved WFC but I can't get the Twin Towers to display.Anyone know what's going on?Bill Smith

Guest beana51

Hi Bill, In that area of NYC,( CORTLAND ST,)on the Sim,I use the memorial lights tower program by Steve Whalin.WTC_memorial.A somber reminder.With it, I found NYC_obj3 just fine for me.His Empire State Bldg looks like the real thing.It also changes light colors on the upper sec.These reflect the currant NYC themes that week.All his other Bldgs. are Super!These along with Chris Arringtons FS2night environment up grade, gives me a fair NYC ,I could almost live there:D, and they don't kill the FRs.All these are gifts from these great guys. All ,available on AVSIM I believe.About the real, replacement bldgs?,"they," may be a single tall bldg.We will see? Hope you find "your" solution however. "Cheers" VIN

Hi PICs, real and virtual !Do a "search" for "freedom", and you will getone of the possible futur tower . . .Blue skies.

I think you need to turn back the time to pre-2001 to see them. We are talking about Tatu Kantomaa's scenery, right?

Guest n2asa

Yes. It is the download described by the following:File Description:This scenery adds the World Trade Center and replaces the default World Financial Center with more detailed model. FS2004 only. Filename: nyc_mod.zip License: Freeware, limited distribution Added: 29th March 2004 Downloads: 3446 Author: Tatu Kantomaa Size: 516kb I also tried his nyc_mod3.Bill

Guest Shalomar

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!It was illegal for years when the towers still stood, but once in a while in FLY II I like to simulate meeting someone at Windows on the World for lunch.When someone or something passes away, do we throw out every picture? Building models are just pictures in 3D, we all have our own ways of remembering.I'm interested in the same scenery for FS9.Best Regards, Donny

Guest n2asa

I worked right across the street from those towers on 9/11 and looked at them every day. I would love to see them back again. And being able to fly around them is the closest I will ever get to experiencing them outside of 2D photographs.Here is one of my photos from 1986: http://bsartist.com/TwinTowers.JPG

Guest panda234

great photo! Brings up all kinds of emotions, but that is what art is supposed to do. billg