Sign in to follow this  
captain_adf

Farewell, my beloved MD-11

So I'm just putting the finishing touches on my newest FS build, one that will carry me through the next 3-4 years or so, and I have said goodbye to FSX, having finally jumped over to P3D. But before I disassemble the old system there is one last flight to make. I'll be ferrying my sweet MD-11 to the boneyard. Parting with this bird is no easy decision, but I don't want to maintain 2 Sims and no I won't consider circumventing the EULA.

So here we go, one last time, westbound from Stansted. Yum

• Upvote 1

Andrew Farmer

My flight sim blog: Fly, Farmer, Fly!

Not at the stage yet to ditch FSX. Too much invested in the FSX 737,777,747v1, and MD11. If I move to P3D, then yes, the gorgeous MD11 last flight will be to the bone yard. I will be in a quandary when the 747v3 comes out in FSX...should I get it, or wait until P3D decision made? 

Geoff Bryce

Several weeks ago I finished a new computer. I installed FSX with MD-11 the major consideration in sticking with FSX.

Dont do it! keep the bird and install Steves DX10 fixer to get all your shadows, light bloom etc.

ZORAN

I'm flying P3DV3 as well, but I had to keep FSX:SE installed for Beta Testing which happily allows me to fly the MD-11 or Leonardo Maddog when I get a hankering to.  It's small work to keep FSX addons updated in both sims.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

I'm flying P3DV3 as well, but I had to keep FSX:SE installed for Beta Testing which happily allows me to fly the MD-11 or Leonardo Maddog when I get a hankering to.  It's small work to keep FSX addons updated in both sims.

Dave, I suspect I will do the same. 

Geoff Bryce

FSX:SE installed for Beta Testing which happily allows me to fly the MD-11

How did you do that? Because when I went back to it,and only running FSX-SE, the MS-11 shows up in the list of aircraft, but when I opt to fly it after loading the default Trike, I get a FSX-SE re-starting and the faulting module is gauges\PMDG_MD11_ACS.dll. If I temporarily rename that dll, it will load but then none of the overhead panel switches function.

I'd be most interested to know how you got the MD-11 to work. Despite having the full gamut of PMDG products, this still is my favourite aircraft.

I agree with DaveTC that maintaining a secondary sim, purely for use with a few sublime birds, really isn't any hassle at all.

I'm 80% X-Plane these days, but I maintain FSX purely for the PMDG 777, MD-11 and RealAir / A2A GA birds.   I just have FTX Global and Vector installed, along with Opus weather and around 10 payware airports.    Doesn't take up much space and it's nice to be able to pop into FSX now and again and still enjoy those birds.

Don't take your beautiful MD-11 to that boneyard yet! ... plenty Fedex and UPS runs to be completed yet! :smile:

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

You lucky folks. Wish I could get mine working never mind going to the boneyard as yet!