Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

dll.xml, exe.xml, simobjects.cfg - Confused about location

The dll.xml and exe.xml are used to load add-ons.  What add-ons are installed by Lockheed?

I can only confirm what I know after haven done many clean installs from one version to another. Add-ons than add entries as they are installed.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

The dll.xml and exe.xml are used to load add-ons.  What add-ons are installed by Lockheed?

Up until 3.4, LM did not install anything, but they added two DLL files to support the operation of their own Fury 1500 drone. I doubt that this has any bearing on any issues raised in this thread, though.

A fresh Install Of Prepar3D V3 (Default)  will Not have either a dll.xml or exe.xml file in AppData\Roaming\Lockheed\Prepar3D V3,  Programs like EZdok, FSUIP, GSX, Orbx Objectflow, Ultimate Traffic 2, Active Sky next and many more will automatically Create either or both files in this location to kick-start these programs.  (The Old way, but currently is still in very much use)

A fresh Install Of Prepar3D V3 (Default) will Have both of these files in   ProgramData\Lockheed\Prepar3D V3. This is the new way for Developers but the only program i have used that uses both of these files in ProgramData is Sode.

Your first sentence is incorrect. A fresh vanilla install does create those files.

I was correct then and I'm still correct now   :smile:

Prepar3D V3 Fresh\New Install  Does Not Install a exe.xml and dll.xml file in AppData \ Roaming \Lockheed Martin \ prepar3D V3   and either does Prepar3D V2.   See my "Quoted Piece" of how these files are Created by 3rd Party Software (Add On's) ^^ 

Introduced in Prepar3D V3 now has an exe.xml and dll.xml file in ProgramData \ Lockheed Martin \ prepar3D V3

========

More then likely you Did Not delete these folders before you Installed Prepar3D again,  this is the reason why you are seeing these files 

Hello.

Sadly I'm writing in this thread as I would like some help with the dll/xml files.

Recently, I messed up by cloud textures by installing PTA2 (most likely my fault). So I uninstalled the client, scenery and content .msi and re installed. The problem now is that my dll.xml is not being read in appdata/roaming (etc...) Should I copy the dll.xml with all the addons to C: Program Data? I'm really not sure what to do and I would like to avoid a full reinstallation.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

dlls included for reference.

dll.xml from C:\Users\*\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Launch</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow</Name>
    <ManualLoad>True</ManualLoad>
    <Path>G:\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow_P3D.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG Options</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG Events</Name>
    <Disabled>Flase</Disabled>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG Sounds</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG Interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_Interface.dll</Path>
    <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
    <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>RAASPRO</Name>
    <Path>.\RAASPRO\RAASPRO.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>PMDG HUD interface</Name>
    <Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDG_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
    <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>as_connect</Name>
    <Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

dll.xml from C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="3,0" id="dll">
  <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
  <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>SODE Animation Module</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE\SimObjectAnimationModule.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>TargetInfo</Name>
    <Path>Gauges\TargetInfo.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Fury_1500</Name>
    <Path>Gauges\Fury_1500.dll</Path>
    <DLLType>PDK</DLLType>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Hello Cory,

I would of replied your message but was out of action for a while.  Out of curiosity how did you get on at the end,  Did you get sorted ?  What was the fix ? 

If even one of the Entries is Corrupt (Entry calling for a missing of corrupt Module)  It May cause issues for the rest of them.  When you Uninstall and Reinstall any of the 3 Component Installers it will bring any files that have been modified by 3rd party software back to default again,   This of course becomes relevant when Entries in your dll.xml file are calling for these Modified Default files that have been returned to Default again during the Update process 

I can only confirm what I know after haven done many clean installs from one version to another. Add-ons than add entries as they are installed.

I can confirm you need to learn to set up a signature correctly.

I can also confirm on a virgin install of Prepar3D v3... I do not have dll.xml nor exe.xml in the User AppData area.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hello Elaine! Hope things are sorted for you.

I try to follow up threads where I find a solution. Forgot this one...

Also thank you for helping out the Flight Sim community with your guides! It's not pleasant when you get zero help.. even from the devs...

Ok

Symptom: Installed addons are not showing in the addon menu in P3D. (This corruption occurred without me ever opening this file myself)

Diagnoses: Check the addon menu to see if P3D is reading either of the two DLL.XML files. In my case the DLL from ProgramData was being read but not the one in appdata.../...roaming.

What I tried: Downloading NotePad++ and trying to find missing "/", missing "<" or any format issues. Then I tried reformatting the spaces in the XML. Neither worked.

Fix for me: 

1) Delete or rename the old dll.xml in roaming (or whichever  dll.xml has issues)

2) Uninstall the client, the reinstall the client

3) Reinstall programs that showed in the corrupted dll.xml (For me: ORBX libraries creates a dll.xml. I then installed FSUIPC, AS16, then PMDG.)

4) Check addon menu (in sim) to insure all is good

5) Enjoy! (Without a full reinstall)

• Upvote 1

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

I was correct then and I'm still correct now   :smile:

Prepar3D V3 Fresh\New Install  Does Not Install a exe.xml and dll.xml file in AppData \ Roaming \Lockheed Martin \ prepar3D V3   and either does Prepar3D V2.   See my "Quoted Piece" of how these files are Created by 3rd Party Software (Add On's) ^^ 

Introduced in Prepar3D V3 now has an exe.xml and dll.xml file in ProgramData \ Lockheed Martin \ prepar3D V3

========

More then likely you Did Not delete these folders before you Installed Prepar3D again,  this is the reason why you are seeing these files

All files/folders were manually deleted after uninstall of P3D.

I can confirm you need to learn to set up a signature correctly.

I can also confirm on a virgin install of Prepar3D v3... I do not have dll.xml nor exe.xml in the User AppData area.

Signature is set correctly. I can also confirm quite the opposite on P3D after complate uninstall and reinstall of P3D. All files and remaining folders were manually deleted after uninstall of P3D.

Win10Pro 22H2-19045.4123/IntelCorei7-3770K/GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3/32GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24/AsusRTX2070OC8GB/1TBCrucialMX500SSD/2 TB PNY CS900/(x3)1TBRAWMushkinSSDs/LGBlueRayBurner/RosewillChallengerTowerBlack/CorsairRM750wPSU/X56HOTAS/TtesportsCommanderKeyboardMousecombo/TrackIR5Pro/34inUltraWideScreenLG2560x1080p/TM2xMFDCougar/OculusQuest2/InateckKU5211PCIe3.2/LTERIVERPCIeG2S4/TMobileHomeInternet5G

MSI Codex Series R2 B14NUC7-095US/Windows 11 Home 22H2 22631.3374/i7 14700F/MSI Pro B760 VC Wifi II/RTX 4060/32GB DDR5 5600mhz/650w Gold PSU

Your signature runs off the right of the screen.  Needs spaces and such to allow for wrapping.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

All files/folders were manually deleted after uninstall of P3D

I understand what your saying but just for the sake of the Newby or Beginner  (Not you)............

Lockheed Martin Does Not ship either an exe.xml or dll.xml file in the path of AppData for any version of Prepar3D.  There is however both files by Default in the path of ProgramData

If you deleted these files,  Its more then likely a 3rd Party Software Add On,  Like EZdok \ ASN \ Orbx Libs \ UT2 Created these when you opened the Control Panel  of the Add On in question 

Your signature runs off the right of the screen.  Needs spaces and such to allow for wrapping.

The following is what I see...

IntelCorei52500K//GigabyteGA-Z68XP-UD3//16GBGSkillCL7-8-8-24//XFXHDRadeon7870DD2GBDDR5//SoundBlasterXfiXtremeGamer//(2)1TBWDSATA3Black//1TBHitachiSATA3//LGBlueRayBurner//RosewillChallengerTowerBlack//Antec650wPSU//Crimson Driver 16.10.1