Sign in to follow this  
rennman

Instant scenery objects not showing

thats very unusual. I guess it would have to be a legacy object using fs2002 or earlier 8 bit textures with the transparency reversed.

Do you have the 8bit fix enabled? If you have turn it off. If you don't try the same scene with it turned on and report, but don't leave it set on

The manual has a chapter on missing fs2002 aircraft components which is what I think this issue and later on it describes in the toolbox how to convert these textures if you have the fsx sdk.

You don't want to leave that set on permanently as you will find that it causes other issues. The best solution is to convert any 8bit textures to dxt1 see the manual for instructions, the manual is focused on aircraft as it's very rare to find 8 bit textures in scenery but the principles are all the same.

will do...i would also like to say that your fixer also cured the problem of skeletonized planes and black screen when going back and forth to desktop...seems that full screen is auto manged now...good deal!

What is the model and what object library is it from? I'll take a look at it to see if I can fix it for you.

success!...texture files converted....i still have a few runway12 objects that are all blue when dx10 preview is checked...any way to clean up these last ones?

thanks again...

Go ahead and post the pics and provide details as to what objects they are. I have all RWY12 objects working in DX10.