Sign in to follow this  
Luan_Yoshinaga

B350i King Air GTN 750

I don't think its right to demand someone in our community make a mod for you......

However...

I was not going to purchase this thing but I really prefer the bigger body King Airs..... I agree though that I cant use this thing without the GTN..... I think Bert made a mod for the C90...I am wondering if we could use or adapt those mod files on this aircraft.......????

I know Bert is not interested in modding this release but maybe he could chime in on the possibility of using some of his C90 files on this one? I think collectively we could all figure it out... I have been too spoiled by the GTN and cannot sim without it. I literally changed the game for me.

Well he did say "may" and "can" hehe...  Plus there seems to be a bit of a language difference.  I doubt he's demanding a mod, especially since others have asked.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

It's better flying this aircraft with its original instrumentation, the Proline. Hopefully Carenado will solve the endless problems they have with the AP functionalities.

Cheers, Ed

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

What baffles me is proline works for me Direct To is something I dont loose sleep over but for basic systems from the CJ2 on its gotten pretty good for a casual simming and you know I would be the first to complain about it  :wink:

Rich Sennett

I don't think its right to demand someone in our community make a mod for you......

However...

I was not going to purchase this thing but I really prefer the bigger body King Airs..... I agree though that I cant use this thing without the GTN..... I think Bert made a mod for the C90...I am wondering if we could use or adapt those mod files on this aircraft.......????

I know Bert is not interested in modding this release but maybe he could chime in on the possibility of using some of his C90 files on this one? I think collectively we could all figure it out... I have been too spoiled by the GTN and cannot sim without it. I literally changed the game for me.

This is why I very rarely visit these forums these days its full of forum police that are not even administrators. The Guy was just asking a Question its obvious English is not his native language.  He does not deserve a response like that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Jason Richards

The fact that after every Carenado Pro Line 21 release users immediately come to these forums to ask for GTN750 replacements and Bert's improved AFCS is proof that for most, this level of functionality is unacceptable.  Rather then take notice and try to improve their simulation of the Pro Line 21 Carenado continues to pump out product after product using the same broken interface. 

Feranado and his team put out a great product when you look at modelling, textures, FDE, sound and cross-platform / OS compatibility. Easily a 9 or 10 top product. But, then comes the avionics and systems and while much better then the default King Air 350, a huge let down to people use to PMDG level of quality in this department. I don't think we need an $80 product in this class, but a $45 to $50 product that when I push a button I get an expected result would be good. Every page of the FMS3000 does not need to be simulated, but the basics should work correctly and without workarounds. From a flightplan and navigation standpoint it should feel like a Proline 21 and not a fancy cover for the default FS GPS. If you are going to provide a FLC mode then it should operate correctly and not hunt or cause an immediate descent. 

If Carenado would just release the "it can't be done" attitude on some of these areas and find a way to program around FS internal limitations I think they can raise the bar on their products. I don't buy "it can't be done" when I see other products that do exactly what Carenado says it can't do. If they get it right once, then the way Carenado recycles code into many products would mean an improvement to all of the Pro Line 21 based aircraft. Of course that would also mean that Carenado stops abandoning products after 2 or 3 patches and goes back and fixes things they left broken. 

It would also be nice if the formal reviews came out a little sooner and did not always give the manufactures the benefit of multiple patches. If it is broken on day one state it up front. Marketing and hype for these products come out on day 1 it would be nice to have a good review in a week or two. I have been swayed to purchase a product wholly based on AVSIM reviews. 

• Upvote 1

What baffles me is proline works for me Direct To is something I dont loose sleep over but for basic systems from the CJ2 on its gotten pretty good for a casual simming and you know I would be the first to complain about it  :wink:

Rich, you can always use Direct To by programming waypoints in the FMC. You put the same wp twice in sequence. Try that and see if it works. I assume it will!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

this level of functionality is unacceptable

hm, that's tough.

I bought the 350i as well, just because I'm a King Air fan. Quite immersive to fly at night and the FDE is quite OK.

FLC works fine, if you are not too rough with power changes. Haven't tried VNAV yet. I don't really need it in a King Air and I do not really expect it to work correctly.

NAV Mode works Ok as well, initially it intercepts the route quite well. You have to made sure to activate NV mode at a reasonable intercept angle. If you activate NAV mode just "somewhere", it won't work. But the plane does follow SID/Route/Approach procedure nicely, no complaint here.

Sure enough PL21/FMS 3000 is Carenado style. I'm convinced regarding authenticity the Milviz 350i will come much closer.

If we are looking at Turboprop simulations, well, don't believe anything you see regarding engine behaviour and parameters, but that's not Carenados fault. It's basically the same in a RealAir TDuke, even though they have found some, how shall I say : Workarounds.

Simple example : At idle power the real King Air starts rolling. So does the Carenado 350i. If not, users would complain. But the FS Turboprop engine doesn't know Beta Range. So what to do to keep it a reasonable taxi speed ? Constantly work on the brakes not really a good idea in the real plane. So it is not easy, if you are not capable to include custom workarounds. Does anyone really expect that from Carenado ?

I'm OK with the Carenado 350i "interpretation". Nice fill-in for King Air fans until the Milviz gets released. Not more, not less.

Mike

• Upvote 2

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

This is why I'm waiting for the Milviz. I almost bit , but didn't.

Bill W

Simple example : At idle power the real King Air starts rolling. So does the Carenado 350i. If not, users would complain. But the FS Turboprop engine doesn't know Beta Range. So what to do to keep it a reasonable taxi speed ? Constantly work on the brakes not really a good idea in the real plane. So it is not easy, if you are not capable to include custom workarounds. Does anyone really expect that from Carenado ?

Mike

Mike,

If you have FSUIPC, you can program beta range into the Carenado turbos. I have this setup with the C90 and B200.

Mike,

If you have FSUIPC, you can program beta range into the Carenado turbos. I have this setup with the C90 and B200.

Another options is to just hit F2 one or two times. Ground Fine or Beta is nothing more then part of the movement of the Power Levers aft of Flight Idle which results in movement of the propellers below the low pitch stops. FSX does not have a ground fine but does have variable setting for Reverse, just use a little reverse for Ground Fine.

Also be sure to follow the checklist and after second engine start place the condition lever in low idle. On the 350 the PT6A-60A the low idle speed of the engine is 62% and the Air Conditioner cut-out is set for below 62%. So unlike the smaller King Air 90s and 200s there is no harm in taxing a 350 in low idle with the Air Conditioner operating. (Often an error made by King Air 90/200 pilots moving up to the 350.)  If fact other then after start and maximum reverse landing the AFM directs LOW IDLE on the condition levers. Following this procedure should  assist in keeping taxi speed controllable. 

ENGINE STARTING (BATTERY)

1. GEN TIES (for night operation) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .MAN CLOSE
2. Propeller Area . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . CLEAR
3. Right Ignition and Engine Start . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .ON
[R IGNITION ON] - ILLUMINATED
[R FUEL PRES LO] - EXTINGUISHED
4. Right Condition Lever (after 12% N1, minimum) . . . . . . . . . . . . . LOW IDLE
5. Right ITT and N1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . MONITOR
(1000°C maximum)
6. Right Oil Pressure . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . CHECK
7. Right Ignition and Engine Start (at 50% N1 or above). . . . . . . . . . . . . . OFF
8. Right Condition Lever . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . HIGH IDLE
9. Right Generator. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . RESET, THEN ON
[R DC GEN], [L GEN TIE OPEN] & [R GEN TIE OPEN] - EXTINGUISHED
10. Battery. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .CHARGE
(until loadmeter reads approximately 50% or less)

11. Left Ignition and Engine Start. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ON

[L IGNITION ON] - ILLUMINATED
[L FUEL PRES LO] - EXTINGUISHED
12. Left Condition Lever (after 12% N1, minimum). . . . . . . . . . . . . . LOW IDLE
13. Left ITT and N1. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . MONITOR
(1000°C maximum)
14. Left Oil Pressure . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .CHECK
15. Left Ignition and Engine Start (at 50% N1 or above) . . . . . . . . . . . . . . OFF
16. Right Condition Lever. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . REDUCE TO LOW IDLE

Also be sure to follow the checklist and after second engine start place the condition lever in low idle. On the 350 the PT6A-60A the low idle speed of the engine is 62% and the Air Conditioner cut-out is set for below 62%. So unlike the smaller King Air 90s and 200s there is no harm in taxing a 350 in low idle with the Air Conditioner operating. (Often an error made by King Air 90/200 pilots moving up to the 350.)  If fact other then after start and maximum reverse landing the AFM directs LOW IDLE on the condition levers. Following this procedure should  assist in keeping taxi speed controllable. 

More good dope...thanks again, KenG

you can program beta range into the Carenado turbos.

Hm, there is no such thing as a beta range in the Carenado. At least I didn't notice any. At me it goes directly into reverse.

directs LOW IDLE on the condition levers. Following this procedure should assist in keeping taxi speed controllable.

yes, there's indeed a setting a bit below low idle, where the plane stops accelerating or doesn't move from stand. Around 5-6%, well, Carenado torque :).

Requires careful FSUIPC adjustment, to stay away from cutoff :)

Thanks

Mike

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

Hm, there is no such thing as a beta range in the Carenado. At least I didn't notice any. At me it goes directly into reverse.

Propeller aerodynamic term meaning blade angle below the low pitch stop. This is something you normally only see in reversible propellers (well we hope so or something is very wrong with your propeller. :smile: ) Reverse in a Turboprop is nothing more then blade angle in the Beta range and usually a little bit of power (or Beta+Power.) In the King Air 350 Beta is marked on the Power Quadrant as GND FINE and Beta+Power is marked as REVERSE. To enter GND FINE you have to lift up on the power levers while pulling back (over the gate) there is a second gate you will have to lift over to go into reverse. You can lift up on the power levers all the way and pull them straight back into reverse such as when performing a maximum reverse landing. (Maximum effort or minimum run landing.)

MSFS/P3D do a very poor job simulating Beta and Beta+Power (GND FINE and REVERSE.)