Sign in to follow this  
gronden

Strange issue with IRS

HI,

since few days I'm facing a strange behavior with IRS alignment that I never had before.

When I access to the FMC to set the aircraft's position I have not the possibility to paste the position set on the top right screen of the FMC (LSK R1) because the filed that should be close the LSK R4 is not appearing.

After several tests I have discovered that this is solved only if on the AFT OVERHEAD panel I set the two IRS knobs on ALIGN: after some second the filead appears and I can paste the position and after set the ISR knobs on NAV.

Is this normal? Why this did not happen before? What I coiuld have changed?

Thanks in advance for the help

KR

Joe

Is this normal?

Yes.

Why this did not happen before?

You probably weren't paying attention to it, or changes your workflow somehow.

What I coiuld have changed?

I'm not sure if changing the IRS ALIGN TIME to REALISTIC in the settings would change it, but it's a possibility. My bet is still that you've only recently noticed it. A lot of people turn the IRS on and then continue to do other tasks on the flight deck, which gives the IRS time to power up and get to a point where it's ready to receive a position.

EDIT: Full names in the forum please - first and last.

Kyle Rodgers