Sign in to follow this  
mfy1989

Anyone bought anything from McPhat studios recently?

Hi all,

I ask the question because almost a week ago I bought one of their 747 repaint packs. I've had products from them before, and they've always been of a pretty good quality. However, I have a problem - I can't install this pack because the installer is asking for a registration key, and they haven't provided one for my order. So I raised a support ticket through their website. A couple of days went by, and there was no response from anyone. So I raised another ticket. Still no response. And finally I tried raising a third ticket under a different category - still nothing. I've even sent them a message via their facebook page, and still absolutely no response.

Although they have a forum, it's not possible to create new topics, or respond to the one existing topic. So I'm completely stuck. Having paid 16 euros for this product, I'm not very happy that I've ended up with something I can't install, and even worse, my support requests are being ignored.

Has anyone else had a similar experience with them? Are they actually there anymore, or have they just left the website running to collect orders, without offering any sort of customer support?

Be interested to hear from anyone,

Cheers,

Tim

• Upvote 1

I can't install this pack because the installer is asking for a registration key, and they haven't provided one for my order.

I had that problem with a purchase from them years ago ....... it took 5 days to get a resolution and I'm not an over-sensitive guy but the attitude I got with the final resolution email was pretty rude and unapologetic.

Last time I purchased from them.

I hope you get a resolution soon.

• Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

Cheers Bill, good to know it's not just me! I'm not holding out much hope for a resolution to be honest. Usually if you don't get a response in 5 days, something is wrong. I'm guessing the website is no longer being monitored - it shows a whole raft of database errors on the homepage which is never a good sign.

I will post updates to the situation here, because I don't want other people to fall foul of the same issue and lose their hard earned cash. I've raised a dispute with Paypal so if they don't respond at all, I should be able to get the money back.

Cheers,

Tim

Thx for the warning, I just recently had a no support situation with another vendor, but when I raised it here I got instant attention - if they spend 10% of the attention monitoring their their support forum that they did here, things would have been fine. :)

What model aircraft? There are so many repaints that are freeware, and high quality. Plus the big controversy with PMDG and I have not been that impressed with the quality of the 747 PMDG repaints I bought a long time ago. I may be wrong but I think McPhat sort of merged with Quality Wings and they are all working on the 787?

Hi all

Problems with flightsim companies? Read my story. The difference is about €1380,00

http://www.avsim.com/topic/490469-warning-if-you-want-to-buy-products-from-simtechdesigncom/

Regard

Jo va Bra

Hi - sorry to hear about your experience there but this has nothing to do with McPhat studios. I don't know if Avsim have a specific board for people to post feedback on poor customer experiences - perhaps that would be a good idea, although I have to say I've found it very rare to have a bad customer experience, and I've found the vast majority of companies and suppliers to be honest and helpful.

What model aircraft? There are so many repaints that are freeware, and high quality. Plus the big controversy with PMDG and I have not been that impressed with the quality of the 747 PMDG repaints I bought a long time ago. I may be wrong but I think McPhat sort of merged with Quality Wings and they are all working on the 787?

They may be collaborating with QualityWings, although I don't believe they have merged - there is certainly no indication of that on their website.

As an update, I had a response from someone via the McPhat facebook page yesterday. They said they would look into it, and this evening they have finally provided the key, which enabled me to install it. It's taken 6 days from date of purchase to get to this point, which is very frustrating although I agree not the end of the world in the great scheme of things.

They did say they've been having problems with their website for over a year (!!!) and that their host lost all of their data (which sounds alarming). I hope they are not referring to customer information there. When I asked why none of my support queries were answered, they said it was because of database problems.

Doesn't seem like a terribly professional outfit if I'm honest - I won't be buying anything from them again based on this experience, and I would advise caution to other people as well - had I not been able to contact them through Facebook, I would never have received a response from them, and it would have been down to Paypal to refund the money.

I should have read your post before trying to buy something from them. I purchased the E-Jets package and have no receipt and no download. However they have my money, I cannot get a response from them. I think that the only solution to this is to dispute the transaction.. Buyer beware....Horrible customer service @McPhatStudios #McPhatStudios

I didn't know they were in business anymore. I remember years ago about hearing about them a lot but then they seemed to have faded away and never hear anything about them. Personally I'd have a hard time paying for a repaint of anything since there are so many free ones to download and plenty of people happy to paint things for free.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Call your credit card company and tell them you want to file a chargeback against McPhat Studios.  Explain to them what transpired and that you are not the First person this has happened to.  The cc company will try to contact McPhat.  If they don't respond, they will flag McPhat and no longer process payments to them.  If you wanted to go 1 step farther, you could file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (or your country's counterpart.)  I imagine that once the cc companies get involved, somebody over there will wake up.  It makes you wonder just how many people this has happened to that haven't said anything.

All of the website "depreciated' errors should have been a major red flag.  The final straw for me would have been the fact that the last time the website news was updated was July 2, 2014.

Good luck getting your money back.