Sign in to follow this  
Mr Mo

Problems with the F406 Caravan II Weather Radar

Hello Pilots & Carenado Experts!

I own amongst to other aircrafts, the fabulous Carenado F406 Caravan II. It is a very fine aircraft and my favorite plane. Furthermore, I bought the Flight1 GTN 750 and have it successful integrated (F1GTN750F406II.exe) into the F406. Everything is working fine, SimStarter NG, ASN, the F406 including the GTN 750 and all my fantastic sceneries and tools but ...

... the included Weather Radar of the F406 does not work!

I can press every button, turn the controller, especially to the ON Position, but the display remains blank. The device is definitely without function!

There is nothing that I have changed to the plane, except the GTN 750 integration. By the way, I only fly with my Oculus Rift DK2, so I use only the VC and no 2D gauges!

Now to my Questions:

1. Is there really a full weather Radar integrated or is it only compatible and I have to/must buy this WR tool?

2. Is there someone else with this problem?

3. Is there a solution to get the device run?

I use for example the following Addons/Specs:

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

AMD FX8370

MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GD5T OC (newest driver)

16 GByte RAM

FSX Steam Edition (everything on a 500GB SSD)

Carenado F406 Caravan II

Active Sky Next (via Steam)

Flight1 GTN 750

SimStarterNG

FlyInside (for my Oculus Rift DK2)

..and much more

I dont use DirectX 10, only DirectX9 settings (because the Rift DK2). I have a zipped File with some INI´s and CFG´s but I dont know, how I could upload it inside this thread?

I hope someone can/would help me!

Best wishes from EDHK,

Marco

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english but school is over since a lot of years!

Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3|AMD FX-8370|EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0 8Gb|32Gb RAM|WIN10 Pro 64Bit|HTC Vive|CH Eclipse Yoke|CH Pro Pedals|Saitek X52|XBox OWC|XP11+

XP11 German Scenery - EDHK 2018+ Kiel-Holtenau designed by Mr.Mo

Hello,

I am not a expert but I have this addon on P3D V3.2 and the weather radar work fine with ASN.

Moreover it is the only WX carenado's gauge who works with P3D.

Hello Folks,

I still have this problem and I still need help with the F406 Caravan II Weather Radar. I searched the web but I found no solution. I am really the only one with a non functional Weather Radar?

Please, help me!

Regards,

Marco

Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3|AMD FX-8370|EVGA GTX 1080 SC ACX 3.0 8Gb|32Gb RAM|WIN10 Pro 64Bit|HTC Vive|CH Eclipse Yoke|CH Pro Pedals|Saitek X52|XBox OWC|XP11+

XP11 German Scenery - EDHK 2018+ Kiel-Holtenau designed by Mr.Mo