Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

Wrong runway assigned for take off

I have a problem at the moment that is driving me nuts. ATC is selecting the wrong runway for take off or landing at some of my airports. For example, I have the wind direction set to 270 degrees, but ATC is informing me that the active runway is 08 (not 26). This is happening at more than one airport. It has nohing whatsoever to do with the AFD files, because it has worked fine with the same AFD files in the past. Having thought about it, I suspect that this problem only appeared when I upgraded to P3D v3. It worked absolutely fine with P3D v2 and FSX.

Any ideas?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have a problem at the moment that is driving me nuts. ATC is selecting the wrong runway for take off or landing at some of my airports. For example, I have the wind direction set to 270 degrees, but ATC is informing me that the active runway is 08 (not 26). This is happening at more than one airport. It has nohing whatsoever to do with the AFD files, because it has worked fine with the same AFD files in the past. Having thought about it, I suspect that this problem only appeared when I upgraded to P3D v3. It worked absolutely fine with P3D v2 and FSX.

Any ideas?

Had the same thing today after switching to 3.3 at EDDF.  Wind was 350 deg at 7.  I was assigned by Pro ATC runway 7C which is correct, and all the Ai aircraft were taking off in the opposite direction rwy 25 , which would have been incorrect for the wind. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Do you have P3D set for real weather?  Perhaps it's over riding your weather program.

No, I use the custom weather option.....just like I have always done.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Had the same thing today after switching to 3.3 at EDDF.  Wind was 350 deg at 7.  I was assigned by Pro ATC runway 7C which is correct, and all the Ai aircraft were taking off in the opposite direction rwy 25 , which would have been incorrect for the wind. 

Actually Bob 25's are the preffered departure runways at EDDF with tailwind up to 5kt, you need to reconfigure ProATC ;)

Departures would be 25C/L & 18, getting the AI to behave would take dual AFCAD's

Actually Bob 25's are the preffered departure runways at EDDF with tailwind up to 5kt, you need to reconfigure ProATC ;)

Departures would be 25C/L & 18, getting the AI to behave would take dual AFCAD's

Ah , that explains it... Thanks.  

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I noticed that my custom clear weather option only had Surface Winds allocated. The default custom weather option has a second layer, and when I added this.....ATC started working properly! I was correctly allocated runway 26 as the take off runway when the wind direction was set to 270 degrees. I will have to experiment further, but maybe that second layer is required for the "wind code" to work properly? Well, I have always suspected that voodoo magic was used when FSX/ESP was created, so this should not be any great surprise!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png