Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

Install in P3d v3.3

I've installed FS2Crew for the iFly (button) in P3D v3.3.  The main panel comes up black, with no way to power it up.  Yes, I did install the update.  I wonder what I'm missing, help would be appreciated to get this working.  Thanks.! 

I've installed FS2Crew for the iFly (button) in P3D v3.3.  The main panel comes up black, with no way to power it up.  Yes, I did install the update.  I wonder what I'm missing, help would be appreciated to get this working.  Thanks.! 

P3D Version 3+ does not accept file paths for gauge files in the panel.cfg file.

Why they made this change, I don't know.

The iFly is a very old FS2Crew product now, and I do not anticipate updating the installers for P3D V3+.

But you can make it work.

The solution is this:

1. Copy the FS2Crew iFly gauge file to the root Gauges folder in the P3D V3 folder.

2. Open the panel.cfg file for the iFly 737.  Each model has it's own "panel.cfg" file.

3. Locate the FS2Crew gauge entries.

4. Remove the file path for each FS2Crew gauge entry.  This way the panel.cfg will look in the root Gauges folder for the FS2Crew gauge instead of the FS2Crew folder.

So it should look something like this...

gauge00=FS2Crew.....

Byron,

Thanks so much.  It's working like a charm.  I've been flying the PMDG NGX with FS2Crew but splurged and added the iFly as well.  FS2Crew makes it flyable.  Thanks again (and please ignore the Support Ticket request).

Hey guys,

I just found this to be the only thread on the internet that relates to my problem.

I recently bought fs2crew for the ifly 737ng fsx.

A few days ago I switched to p3dv3 and tried to take the ifly and fs2crew with me. I had to buy the p3d version of the ifly since the fsx version was not really working.

Then I tried to install fs2crew, without any success. I get a black panel and I can not see fs2crew in the menu->panels anywhere. The only way to open fs2crew is to press the middle of the cockpit instrument, as instructed. like i said tho, I only get a black panel. I tried installing it with and without migration tool, i tried to remove the stuff as indicated by you guys, I didnt have any success despite the fact that I think I did everything right. I had my p3dv3 installed in programs(x86) btw.

I set up my whole system again, just so I can use fs2crew. This time, I installed p3dv3 just in C: not in programs(x86).

Although I know that there is no offical support for the p3dv3 in this case, I would really like to make it work as I just bought fs2crew a week ago before switching to p3d and it would be a real bummer if I cant use it now.

Like I said, I set up everything brand new. I just installed the latest version of the ifly for p3dv3.

I need your guyses help this time as I want to to it right, I am not 100% sure that I did everything correctly.

How do I correctly install fs2crew now and what steps do I have to follow?

It would be great if you guys could guide me through.

I appreciate the help !!

We don't officially support P3D V3 for the iFly, but the solution was written right above your post.

You'll need to edit the panel.cfg file as described.

iFly will have to update their Config Manager to support the P3D V3 panel.cfg style for FS2Crew.